Rotten To The Core

Just like last time, last week was a nightmare. More than the other one, though.

None of the three soloists won, so Abby was pissed. Cathy has a new all-boy team, so Abby was even more pissed. After lots of warnings, Chloe's hat fell when we performed the group dance, so she was overly pissed. Then, she kicked the Lukasiaks out, Jill tried to become the favorite mother, Melissa has issues, and Annie's just trying to enjoy her time being on the top for the first time.

I didn't know what to do anymore!

When I arrived at the studio in the afternoon, everyone else was already there. Well, except for a certain Chloe Lukasiak.

"Last week, you walked in here and you were losers." Abby starts. "Fourth place. Today, you're winners. You walk in here like, "who-hoo, we won!", and that's all fine and dandy, but, uh, let's be realistic. You won by a tenth of a point. I don't want the Abby Lee Dance Company to be just one-tenth of a point ahead of the-- who you beat. I don't want it." She shook her head. "I want you to be thirty points ahead, or twenty points ahead, or ten points, or for goodness sakes, one whole point. Can we be one whole pint ahead of the next group?"

"Abby?" Kelly spoke up. "Do you know where Christi and Chloe are?"

"I'm dealing with them." Abby simply answered. "We're going to do something a little different today. I think I'm going to start on the top."

Revealing the top headshot, it was Kendall K.

"Kendall, you beat a lot of great people. One of them was Chloe. "Abby explains. "Jill, I think you just made an enemy. I don't think Christi can handle your nine-year-old beating her eleven-year-old who is a national title-holder right now. I think you need to watch out."

Cue a really excited Jill Vertes.

"Maddie. I'm not gonna tell you you were amazing. I don't think you were." Abby continued. "Nia, you went out, your arms were pretty, you started off strong-- fizzled."

Holly didn't seem so happy, but hey, her daughter's on the second row.

"Paige? I don't want to go over and over things in class. I want to tell you one time, and I want you to do it." Abby moved on. "Giselle. Same mistake every single time. Corrected it one time, then did it in the competition again."

Kendall

Maddie   Nia

Paige   Giselle   Annie   Mackenzie   Chloe

"Obviously, on the bottom of the pyramid is Chloe. Chloe made a mistake. I told you all not to drop your hat." Abby tells us. "She dropped her hat. Chloe is suspended. So is her mother. Her behavior was deplorable. I do not want her anywhere near this studio. She was an embarrassment to the Abby Lee Dance Company and to all of you."

"Abby, how long is she sus--" Jill questioned. "What does that mean? It's--"

"I don't know how long." Abby answers.

"I would like to know how long it's going to take to get Brooke back on the pyramid," Kelly says.

"Funny you should mention that." Abby comments.

In the five seconds I decided to close my eyes to rest, Abby placed Brooke's headshot over Chloe's.

"You might want to send Chloe a thank-you note," Abby tells the teenager. "Because her mother just bought you a spot on the pyramid." Turning back to the rest of us, she continued talking. "This weekend, we are going to StarPower International Talent Competition in Detroit, Michigan. Is there a studio from Ohio going all the way to Detroit? Yes, there is."

Giselle: Cathy and her super-boy team are going. I then say in a sarcastic tone. Yay.

~~~

I had no idea of what was going on in front of me.

It was supposed to be just a technique class with Annie, Kenzie, Maddie, and Kendall, but then Abby came in, stopping the class and telling Annie something. From there, Gianna put some music on and Annie started dancing.

It looked like improv.

Then, Abby told Kenzie to join Annie.

Kenzie isn't the best with improv.

Apparently, Annie is.

So, here we were, watching a dance battle between the two youngest members of the team. All while not having any idea that it was even going to happen in the first place.

When the camera crew started recording, I already knew it.

These people were setting up a rivalry between two eight-year-olds.

Would like to say this is the first time they do this, but it isn't.

Season one, anyone?

More and more people came into studio "A", quickly getting involved.

I was pretty sure I was dreaming.

Except that I wasn't.

After everything, Annie was given a solo and Melissa argued with Abby, again.

The next couple of days weren't any better, though. Sophia came back, even though she later disappeared. Nia and Paige were having trouble with their duet, which was ultimately pulled due to an argument. We all missed Chloe, something weird was happening between Annie and Kenzie, Kendall was disqualified because she was entered in the wrong division, and Cathy's super-boy team beat us.

Only a miracle could save us now.

• • •

Let me explain: Originally, I was going to write "Boys Are Cuties, Girls Have Cooties" which would be S3 E6, but for some reason, the episode isn't available anymore. It skips from episode five to episode seven. Even though I already have it written for Melanie Ziegler, some things that I needed from the episode aren't in that chapter, so I had to make the decision to skip it to another one of my least favorite episodes, this one.

Heads up for anyone who's writing a DM story, but you're welcome to use the Melanie Ziegler chapter to guide you, at least that you try using SOAP2DAY.

Something I was going to write in the chapter based on E6 was that I was really sad that Evie wouldn't get to perform in "Pink Lemonade" because I think she would nail it, but for the reason I already mentioned, I couldn't even write Giselle in.

This chapter sucked, I'm trying to continue working with both Giselle and Annie, and let's see how the next couple of chapters go.

-A