The Apple Of Her Eye

"I've been trying to figure out, what does the Abby Lee Dance Company need to do to get back to first overall high score." Abby starts the pyramid. "Huh?" She looked over at us. "Do I need to have Annie on more featured roles? Do I need to take some of you out of the group dance? Do I need Evie to come back to see if you get back to first? Was she really the only reason you won?"

"I wish you would stop saying her name," I spoke up. "Genevieve isn't here and she'd rather be anywhere else. She made it pretty clear."

"Yeah, and there's other people that deserve the opportunity more." Kendall backed me up.

I shot her a grateful smile as Abby cleared her throat. "Well, other people would deserve the opportunity if they stepped up when I give it to them."

"So give them the chance, Abb," Jill tells her. "The girls want the chance to prove themselves, right?" She turned over to us. Most of us smiled and nodded. "See?"

I noticed that the ones that didn't respond were Maddie and Annie.

Of course, Abby's new favorites.

Instead of answering or saying anything, Abby proceeded to reveal the bottom headshot.

"Mackenzie. I told you to stay off of your foot. I even went and got you a wheelchair so that you weren't standing on hard cement all day long, but you didn't listen. You were hopping all over the place. This week, you are benched. You will not be performing." Abby explained sternly. "Paige. You do a good job, it's fine, but I don't want good. I don't want fine." She revealed the next headshot. "Brooke. In the group dance, you're almost lethargic. You move slow. You don't have a lot of zip, a lot of energy." Next one. "Giselle. You need energy, not to be a zombie. You claim that your sister doesn't want to be here, but she could come in anytime, take your place and win first place."

Without thinking about it, I rolled my eyes at the comment.

Nia

Annie   Kendall   Maddie   Chloe

Giselle   Brooke   Paige   Mackenzie

"Now, this week, we will be attending POWERHOUSE Dance Competition in Cincinnati, Ohio, and I have a rotten feeling that you-know-who is going to be there," Abby announces. "The group routine is about Rosa Parks. She broke down barriers and she united entire races."

It was obvious who was going to be the leader of the group dance. Come on, the dance is called Rosa Parks.

"Don't assume anything," Abby tells us. "I have no idea who will play Rosa Parks."

Um, Nia. Anyone else is going to be offensive and a lot more things that I'd rather not explain right now.

Holly cleared her throat, breaking the silence and making all of us laugh. "Really?" She shook her head as Abby shot her a look. "I'm just saying."

I had absolutely no idea Abby would call Holly out on her clothes. I mean, it isn't the best, but Abby doesn't have it any better. Neither of them has good fashion taste in my opinion. If she let us help instead, maybe they would actually look presentable.

"Kendall, you will be doing a solo again this weekend," Abby announces. "The name of your routine is "Look at Me Now"."

Two solos in a row? What about people that haven't had solos in months?

"My next solo will go to Maddie. The name of your routine this week is "Breaking Down Walls"." Abby continues. "Now, remember, I gave you a lifeline, you dropped it. You had to climb up a hill, you rolled back down. We're going to see, do you have what it takes?"