Shake It Off

You really just have to shake it off, man.

That's a piece of advice I wish I had been given in the past, but hey, at least my future self got it.

People say Los Angeles it's the land of dreams ― me being people ― and it hadn't been false until now. I mean, the hotel wasn't exactly five stars, but there wasn't much to do about it. It was pretty, I had a bedroom for myself, and I was only going to be staying for a week while filming the music video.

As I already said, Los Angeles is the perfect place for people to chase their dreams ― or to go chasing stars, if you get what I mean ― and a good thing or two might come out of it. For me, one dream came true that day. One that hadn't exactly been a dream because I hadn't even considered it before-- okay, maybe once after the Lux music video, but that was about it.

When life gives you lemons you gotta make lemonade because it's delicious. However, I hadn't been given lemons in this life. In my life, I had been given a horde of haters because of people that thought that fucking up my back-then eleven-year-old self's life was entertainment value. That meant that, somehow, I had to take advantage of the situation.

Still, I wasn't the one that came up to that conclusion. I was told that by somebody else that I'll be mentioning later. Apparently, I wasn't wise enough to come up with that on my own, but back then the word me and the words good ideas didn't exactly get along.

Basically, what they told me was that I had to take advantage of the many haters I had across the globe and rub my success on their faces long enough to slowly make them become fans, so what's better than to dance in a music video of a song exactly about that with your freaking childhood idol?

Quoting myself at the beginning of this chapter: "You really just have to shake it off, man", but to make it better, "You really just have to shake it off with Taylor Swift and a bunch of overly-talented dancers!".

Yes, I know this feels different, but it was one of the first good experiences I had since the whole "meltdown" thing, so I thought I'd write it in a different light from the rest.

We started working on Tuesday, May 13th, 2014. If that wasn't a lucky sign, I didn't know what was. After meeting the myth, the legend, the woman herself, we started off with the first few scenes.

Even with the "less endlessly upbeat" ― quote me on that ― vibe "Shake It Off" had, it had quite the message, and quite the storyline for a four-minute video. In the video, Tay-- Taylor is always pretty much the "outcast". She never fits in with any of the groups because she doesn't know how to dance ― maybe I took that one to heart ― and she doesn't seem to care.

I, on the other hand, fit in right perfectly ― besides that I was the only minor around the area 'cause I was eleven, as I've previously mentioned ― and actually knew how to dance. That also meant that I was just like the rest-- dull, boring, and unoriginal. I always followed society's rules and fell down into the rabbit hole of absolute madness. Luckily, that was about to change, even if I didn't know that at the time.

Slowly, I'd start breaking out of the shell. I'd start tripping over, performing the wrong move, and even if I apologized the first few times, I'd stop apologizing later on. Up to the point where I became as much of a hot mess as Tay-- the singer. Man, I've got to stop doing that.