The Dancing Dead

Turns out everyone I knew sees me as the enemy. According to them, I'm the reason they always have trouble. But instead of only being the moms, the girls are just as involved. However, not everyone was involved. Maddie and Asia weren't involved. Maddie was willing to give me a chance and Asia doesn't have anything to do with it. Kristie doesn't have anything to do with it either, but Melissa is extremely confusing. The only reason she jumped into the argument that took place Sunday afternoon was that Jill indirectly mentioned Maddie. It turns out that the only two people who were first that weekend were Maddie and Asia. Half of the mothers possibly wanted me dead, and the other half didn't seem to care that much. I was sure that Christi and Jill wanted me out, but the rest talked passive-aggressively. When Kelly was around, she wouldn't stop talking about how unfair it was that I got everything once I came back and that her daughters didn't get anything when they had been here for the past months. Sadly, Christi and Jill are the two most outspoken mothers in the group, and Mom is now stuck in between Giselle and me.

Giselle had always been outspoken, but never like this. She wouldn't throw someone under the bus for her own benefit. Clearly, things have changed since I left. Now she's besties with Kendall instead of Brooke. Actually, she barely even talks with Brooke, who literally used to be her best friend, and now hangs out with Kendall, who has spent her whole time since she first arrived in the studio shooting me dirty glances. When we were attending the Joffrey audition, Giselle herself commented that Kendall gave mean girl vibes. If she did, why are they now hanging out together all the time?

There had to be a way I could save my sister from her, but how? How was I going to convince Giselle ― who Kendall had wrapped around her finger ― that she was a bad influence?

There had to be a way, and it looks like I have nothing else to lose right now.

Every day we had to walk into studio "A" for the pyramid, and the tension was more present. With all the events that took place last week, it was at an all-time high. The Hylands were gone and there was a pretty nasty argument in the dressing room. Still, the group dance for the show looked pretty good. Besides the fake smiles on everyone's faces ― including my own ― it was great.

Jill: I'm looking forward to seeing what lame excuse Abby has to have Genevieve on top this week. She was nothing but disrespectful to everyone last weekend.

The first two at the bottom were, unsurprisingly, the Hylands. Then, Abby revealed the next headshot. "Giselle. It was supposed to be a high-energy number, not some zombie dance." She pointed at me and I grimaced. "Your sister is back, so I can kick you out whenever I want."

Giselle raised her eyebrows but didn't say anything.

"Kendall." Abby continued. "You were sloppy in some of the dances, and your attitude backstage was not it--"

"Abby, she was tired." Jill quickly jumped in to defend her daughter. "She had numbers back to back, and she performed them, and she was great--"

"You are not the teacher." Abby interrupted as she continued. "Asia. You did an outstanding job with the solo. You do all these exciting tricks. Grab your leg, spin around three times, and you couldn't put your pants on right." She turned over to her mother. "Kristie. You're a dance mom. You know better."

Kristie nodded. "I do."

Abby moved on to the middle row. "Nia, what can you do better than everybody else? It's good, it's fine, but it's not-- excellent."

"If you were to give her a little bit more time and attention one-on-one," Holly spoke up. "I think she could prove to you that she is a great and talented dancer."

"Mackenzie. Sandra from Dance Track magazine said that you were a fantastic nerd." Abby explained. "You just didn't have enough nerd moves, or nerd poses."