Waiting For Joffrey

"At the bottom of the pyramid, Chloe." Abby reveals, "You are one of the most advanced dancers sitting in this group, but I want more from you. You need a challenge. You need to work up to the next level. Remember, there is no "i" in team, but there is an "m" and an "e", and it's all about me. Understood?"

As Chloe nodded, I looked over to the overly confused mothers.

Yeah, Abby's English class didn't make sense.

"Nia, that trio-- you wanted it, you got in it. Like I said, you have the style and the sass, but the rest of it is a mess." Abby explains, "Paige. You did a great job, you did your part. I want more."

Abby then reveals the last headshot on the bottom row.

"Giselle. You were good. You had your section in the group dance with Maddie and it was great." Abby says.

"Next, I have Mackenzie." Abby continues, "Mackenzie, you continue to improve each week. Every week, I come into the studio, you learned a new trick, but I don't want it to all be about your gymnastics. Got it?"

Mackenzie nods in response.

"And Brooke. I thought that your part in the group dance was excellent. Just watch the chin and the chin stand; no more hickeys." Abby explains as she touches her own chin, "Second on the pyramid is Maddie. You beat all the boys, but you didn't beat Genevieve, which is why, on top of the pyramid, we have Genevieve. You redeemed yourself. You beat Justice, you beat Maddie and you won the overall high score. I need you to be just like that every week from now on."

Genevieve

Maddie   Brooke    Mackenzie

Giselle   Paige   Nia   Chloe

"I need to talk a little bit about this week. There's going to be a scout from the Joffrey Ballet in Michigan at Energy Dance." Abby tells everyone, "He is scouting kids to go to an audition for Joffrey. So, you need to be your best. You need to represent the Abby Lee Dance Company to the best of your ability."

Everyone talks about Joffrey and everyone talks about getting in it. No one really talks about being in it.

"The group number this week is entitled "Nip And Tuck"."

All the moms look at each other, clearly confused.

"We need that." Melissa comments, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"I know that you talk about having some work done." Abby says as she looks over to the mothers, "Kelly."

"What?" The mother asks.

"We all know what you want," Abby tells her.

"Boobs?" Kelly asks, "Yes!"

The rest of the mothers then cheer for her as all of the girls laugh.

"You all know that you have beautiful, gorgeous children. So, this is a message about our body image. It's a message about people that do have work done." Abby says, "It's kind of eerie. It's kind of dark, and I didn't want to use everybody in the routine at first then I figured: you know what? you're never gonna get any better sitting around doing nothing." She then announces, "We have two trios and a duet. The trios will be Mackenzie, Paige, and Nia. You will be doing a high-energy jazz routine incorporating gymnastic tumbling. Then I have Genevieve, Maddie, and Chloe. You will be doing a contemporary-lyrical routine. Chloe, it's about the trio. The duet goes to Brooke and Giselle. You will be doing a contemporary-acrobatic routine."

Christi: Nia, Paige, and Mackenzie finally have their special moment, their trio, and I think that they should have a chance to win on their own, because when you're putting them against Maddie, Evie and Chloe, I mean, it doesn't really seem like that's gonna be too much of a fair fight.