Two Can Play This Game

"Well, that was something."

"I'm sorry. You know, I thought he was gonna arrest me at one point."

"Nah, I wouldn't have let him arrest you. . . What happened to your face--"

"I wanna tell you something."

"Oh."

"I've been bitten."

"So have I."

"Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay-- I gotta tell you this one thing-- I gotta tell you this one thing-- and it's about the vigilante and the car thief-- all right?"

"Oh, okay."

"No, no, no, no, no. Don't-- no. Okay, no. Forget that. I'm gonna talk about that, I'm gonna walk about me, okay?"

"Aww." I frowned as I continued watching the TV. "Why does he look so cute?"

"Don't know," Sadie answered in the same voice tone as mine. "But he's so sad."

"I wanna hug him," I admitted. "He looks so sad. Like a kicked puppy."

"Eves, we're leavin--"

"HEY MADDIE!"

Maddie screamed in terror and I started laughing almost immediately. From the other side of the screen, Sadie also started laughing uncontrollably. As the two of us continued, Maddie took a deep breath ― calming herself down ― and walked into the room.

"Please stop doing that, Sades," Maddie begged, taking a glance at the phone screen before turning back to me. "And hey."

Sadie waved with a huge smile as I caught a glimpse of the screen. "Look!"

The there of us turned back to the screen just in time to see Peter and Gwen kiss. As Gwen attempted to comprehend that Peter was Spider-Man, he told her to shut up and continued kissing her. Then, they were interrupted by Gwen's mother, who told her that her father wanted her inside immediately. Out of embarrassment, Peter turned around, his back facing the older woman.

"I still don't get where your Andrew Garfield obsession started," Maddie admitted, still staring at the screen.

"What I don't get is how your obsession with him hasn't started yet," I told her.

"And your Spider-Man obsession," Maddie added.

"That one has existed for a long time." I pointed out. "For things like that." I pointed at the Spider-Man and Lizard figurines that stood on my desk. "The Lizard one scares me, but they're both gifts, so I gotta keep 'em together."

"I also helped her start with her MCU obsession," Sadie commented. "We were going to watch Iron Man 3 in theaters, but it was too late, so we're planning to watch a future movie that isn't the Thor sequel because we don't like him."