•his smile•

his smile

fluff / angst

Tanjiro's pov

When I came from the mission with Tengen I had some time to get to know other demon slayer's and hashira's. I already talked with almost everyone and was with them on mission too, but there were two hashira's that were different from others. Their names are Sanemi Shinazugawa and Muichiro Tokito. I tried talking to Sanemi, who was just rude or ignored me, but with Muichiro it was different. I did talk to him a couple times but the next day he didn't even know who I was. I already gave up on talking with Sanemi and I planned on giving up on Muichiro also before Mitsuri told me something about him.

"Oh Muichiro. Well when I first saw him it was only for a really short time. Oyakata-sama brought him here after he and his family were attacked by a demon. He stayed here for a couple days before he got better. He then left and just two months later he was here again but now as a new hashira. Oyakata-sama said that he has amnesia or something like that, it was caused by a trauma. I have never seen him smile either... I guess that's all I know... "

After that I decided to try again and try to make him remember me. I looked around the butterfly mansion but still couldn't find him, until I came to the training field. I saw him training so I decided to watch him for a while. Some time later I noticed that Muichiro was acting odd, he was breathing really heavily and coughed a lot. I began to get a bit worried so I woke up and walked up to him to stop him. I tapped on his shoulder and he turned around immediately,

Tanjiro : hey, I am sorry i-

Muichiro : who are you? What do you want?

Tanjiro : well I am Tanjiro and I wanted to talk to you and get to know you. When I saw you training I watched you f-for a while but then I noticed you were acting a bit odd. I was wondering if you are okay.

Muichiro : I am fine, just leave me alone. Why would you want to talk to me? I'll forget you anyways...

Tanjiro : that's why I am talking to you. I want to try to get you to remember me.

Muichiro : don't waste your time like that.

He said as he coughed again. He covered his mouth with his hand and when he pulled away there was blood on his hand. My eyes widened as I looked at his hand. He just wiped the blood into his uniform and wasn't bothered by that any longer.

Muichiro : what?

Tanjiro : you just coughed blood and you are just asking me what?

Muichiro : It's normal by now. It's probably just from training.

Tanjiro : normal by now? you should get some rest. You've been training for a long time.

Muichiro : yeah right a long time... I train longer than this. I need to get stronger than this. I am so weak right now and I can't stand it.

Tanjiro : if you were weak you wouldn't be a hashira.

Muichiro : I became hashira just because I trained every single day. I vomited blood just to get better. I managed to become a hashira but it's not enough. Even though I am a hashira, I am the weakest one from all of them.... Now leave me alone.