♪hanahaki♪

hanahaki

fluff / angst

hanahaki - is a fictional disease where the victim of unrequited or so one-sided love begins to vomit or  cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs, which will eventually grow large enough to render breating impossible

Muichiro's pov

I sat in my estate watching the rain drops race down my window. I was thinking about the other day when I was walking from training with Tanjiro. I started coughing and thought it was nothing serious but when I looked at my sleeve I covered my mouth with, there was a rose petal on top of it. Every time I coughed petals kept coming and it was getting more painful day by day.

I was at the butterfly mansion in the library looking for some book about it. I was looking everywhere but there was nothing.

"Muichiro ? what are you doing here this late ?"

I looked behind me to see Tanjiro

Muichiro : just got bored. Also can't sleep

Tanjiro : Okay then. Dont stay up to late

He ruffled my hair and then walked away. I kept looking for some book that would tell me what was wrong with me but after he left ,my throat closed up and the sudden urge to vomit. I quickly rushed to the nearest washroom. As soon as I made it I started to throw up more petals then I ever before. The large lump I felt in my throat moved up causing my breathing to hitch. I gag trying to free my airways and with that a large rose bud fell from my mouth and into the pile of petals left in the toilet. I took some deep breaths trying to calm myself down.

Next day

I was walking around the mansion not knowing what to do. I was still confused about what happened yesterday.

Mitsuri : Muichiro!

I looked behind to see Mitsuri running to me

Mitsuri : I was looking for you everywhere, I finally found you. Do you mind helping me with something?

Muichiro : with what?

Mitsuri : Shinobu asked me to clean her office when she'll be on a mission.

Muichiro : okay, I'll help

Then we went to Shinobu's office. While cleaning I saw a book called "lost spirit". I pick it up and look at it.

Mitsuri :... it's an interesting book you should try it

Mitsuri said standing behind me

Muichiro : What is it about?

Mitsuri : its about a girl who fell in love with one guy. The problem was he already had a girlfriend. There was also a flower growing in her lungs making her cough and vomit petals. The flower in the end caused her to choke to death. The disease is called hanahaki

Muichiro : oh okay I'll read it ...also is the disease real or just fictional?

Mitsuri : I am not sure