V7.5: Chapter 6 - A Day in the Life

Hashimoto Masayoshi POV

After leaving Kiyo and Nao to their date, I began making my way to the batting centre. Although, it would be more correct to say that it was an indoor training field that belonged to the baseball team. Since we were on vacation, they opened it so people could go and pass the time. Akito and Hayato were already there. The idiots couldn't even wait for me.

I invited Yoshida but he refused since he and Fukuyama would be going out to the movies today. I asked Shimizu as well, but he was going out with a senpai from the music club. And Nao was going out with Kiyo... So, yeah. Everyone was going out on dates while I was going to the batting centre with Akito and Hayato.

Well, not that I'd been particularly seeking a date. I had been more focused on class affairs.

"Yoshi-kun?"

As I was about to take the turn that led to the batting centre, I met with three beautiful girls. Matsushita Chiaki, the one that spoke and that I was the closest with was wearing a pink knee-length dress, that matched both her bonnet and her purse. Next to her, Horikita Suzune was wearing a more formal attire with a black skirt, and a greyish long coat over her white shirt, a carefully made tie around her neck. To Chiaki's right was standing a girl I had never interacted with, but that I recognised as Satou Maya, Chiaki's best friend who was wearing thigh-length socks, a red skirt with squares and an orange coat over her yellow pullover.

I greeted them, not wanting to be rude. The three of them were carrying shopping bags, although Horikita had fewer than the other two.

"Hey. What're you doing?" I asked, waving my hand amiably.

"Some shopping," Chiaki showed me the bags she was carrying. "We just had lunch, so we were going back to the dorms. How about you, Yoshi-kun?"

I quickly explained my project for the afternoon. Chiaki's eyes shone in excitement as she heard my plan.

"Can we join, Yoshi-kun?" Chiaki pleaded, leaning closer.

"Eh? Sure..."

I saw no reason to refuse.

"Great!"

"Why would we join, Chiaki-san? He's going to the batting centre," Horikita frowned, not thrilled by the idea.

"Well, I've never played baseball before, so I'm curious."

"You already forced me out of my room to go shopping. If you go, then it'll be without me," Horikita stated ever so stubbornly. "You can go have fun while I return to the dormitory."

"Come on, Horikita-san," Satou pleaded. "You had fun, right? I think it's a good idea for us to go as well. Oh, I'm Satou Maya by the way, I believe we haven't been properly introduced."

She offered her hand to me.

"Hashimo—" I was going to shake her hand as I introduced myself but, was promptly interrupted.

"This is Yoshi-kun, Maya-chan," Chiaki jumped letting her bags fall and hugging my arm. "Please call him so."

"... Are you sure?" Satou asked uncertainly. "I wouldn't want to call you something you're not comfortable with."

"It's okay," I assured. "I'm used to it."

It was surprising how people could get used to nicknames they initially didn't like. Especially if they came from friends.