V6: Chapter 13 - Ideal Self

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

I entered the faculty office after departing with the group. There, I found Chabashira-sensei pacing up and down the room.

She was the only teacher here which made me wonder where the other three were. I wouldn't complain though. It was better if they had no idea about this.

Chabashira-sensei walked over to me as soon as she noticed me. She handed me Kushida's phone.

"She insulted me all the way here!" she whispered strongly visibly angry. "I should expel her for verbal abuse. That girl's a psycho!"

"Where is she?" I ignored her complaints.

"In the guidance room," she replied. "Should I enter with you?"

I shook my head.

"Just make sure no one else enters," she nodded. "The micro?"

"No longer there," she replied handing me a folder.

I gave a slight nod, took the folder, and turned to enter the guidance room.

Inside, I found a downcast Kushida seating in one of the couches, a cup of tea on the table that was just getting cold since she hadn't touched it. She didn't look at me.

I went to the kitchen and prepared myself a cup of tea as well. Once that was done, I sat on the couch facing Kushida. I took a sip of my tea before putting it on the table.

"That was something..." I commented referring to what happened in the classroom.

"Oh, shut up, Ayanokouji!" Kushida exclaimed annoyed. "This is your fault. Yours and Matsushita's and Horikita's and Tomori's."

"That's quite a long list," I replied blankly. "Wouldn't it have been better if you've been honest from the start?"

She sneered.

"Yeah, easy for you to say it. Mr Mastermind of Class D that everyone adores."

"People don't adore me," I said puzzled. Why would they adore me?

"You really have no idea of what's on the mind of our classmates," she shook her head exasperated. "Well, it's not like it matters anymore..."

From the very beginning, Kushida had been involved in everything. So, it may sense she knew about the impression our classmates had about the class competition and its development. She dedicated herself to supporting other students, after all. But now, all of that had shattered right before her eyes despite her efforts to prevent it.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"I can expose everyone and leave, I guess" she shrugged. "I lost everything."

"That's an exaggeration."

"Oh, I'm sure the guy with no emotions knows exactly what I'm feeling right now," she stated sarcastically.

"Why don't you tell me then?"

"Huh?"

"What are you feeling? You say that you lost everything, but I don't think that's the case. Why don't you explain me your reasoning?"

"Why would I?"

"I'm curious," I shrugged.

She let out an amused chuckle.