V4: Chapter 4 - Dragon Group

Ichinose Honami POV

"Ichinose!"

Karma-kun's voice called out to me. I turned around and saw him and Shinobu-san walking in my direction.

"Hello! Karma-kun, Shinobu-san. What are you—Oh! It's already the time?"

"It is, Ichinose-san," Shinobu-san commented. "We should get going to the appointed room. You should do the same Mako-chan."

"...Right, then we better get going," Mako-chan said.

With that, Mako-chan and I stood up from our table at the restaurant and began walking with Karma-kun and Shinobu-san, making our way to the second deck.

"So, Karma-kun do you have a plan for this exam as well?" Mako-chan inquired.

"I do," he answered simply.

"Hmm, that's good then, thanks to you we're only a few points away from Class A."

Mako-chan's comment was certainly true. Thanks to our result on the island exam, our class was merely seventy points away from Class A. So, even if the result wasn't what Karma-kun expected it had certainly been a good win for us.

We only had to continue on this track, and we would be able to become Class A in a matter of time. However, we couldn't get overconfident. Sakayanagi-san would be the one leading Class A this time and since she is the complete opposite of Katsuragi-kun we had to expect their class to pass on the offensive.

I assumed that was the reason why Karma-kun wanted to be more cautious this time. He had said that he would find out the pattern to discover the VIPs, but I didn't know how he was going to find out the necessary number of VIPs to discover it. I was planning on asking him after our meeting.

Although, we were members of the student council, Horikita-senpai had made sure neither me nor Karma-kun knew everything about the special exams as to not give us an overwhelming advantage.

In fact, although the student council contributed to the formation of each exam. Once it was settled, only the student council president had the right to know all the details. After that, it was a question of our charges. For instance, since I was one of the secretaries and Karma-kun the treasurer, he had more access than me because he had to manage the budget for each exam.

Shinobu-san then changed the topic and we talked about what we planned to do we were back at the school since we would have some days before the end of summer vacation. It would be a good idea to go out and have fun before class started again.

Arriving at the second deck we parted ways with Mako-chan and went over the room with the nameplate that read "Dragon". The hallway, usually empty was now packed with students. Yet, there was still a lot of space to walk.

"Shall we enter then?" I asked.

Karma-kun nodded and I opened the door, determined to give my maximum in this exam.

There were three people already inside. The other ten spots were vacant so, Karma-kun, Shinobu-san and I sat side by side, facing the three Class A students that were already here.

"Good morning Sakayanagi-san, Tomori-san, Katsuragi-kun," I greeted them.

"Good morning, Class B," Sakayanagi-san answered. "How are you doing today?"

"What's with the smile, Nao?" Karma-kun asked before I could reply to Sakayanagi-san's question.

"Heh? Nothing really. Just, the four of us in this group. Kind of reminds me to our games back then, don't you agree?"