V6: Prologue - Answers

FLASHBACK

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

Walking through the hallway of the mansion I made my way towards the gymnasium to talk to Tsukasa. Of course, I would find him there, he was always training.

I had just finished a conversation with Matsuo-sensei. And, he had made me a proposition that I found hard to refuse.

Yet, it felt weird, according to Matsuo-sensei, he had agreed to do this out of his own free will. I couldn't believe that though.

Why would he give up on his chance to know freedom, know the outside world and interact with other people, normal people? I couldn't understand his reasoning.

It was irrational.

Opening the door of the gymnasium I saw him training on the boxing bag.

He would always do that during our free time. Train and train to get better. It was one of the things I valued the most of him. Like the instructors I was sure that ability was natural to him. But, what I valued the most was his efforts when it came to things like academics and psychological. At first, he struggled a lot in those like Mikoto and I, but he adapted and quickly rose through the ranks to become the third on the overall ranking.

"Tsukasa!"

I called out to him while approaching. Hearing my voice, he turned and greeted me with a wave of his hand. He had no boxing gloves just the minimum bandage covering his hands.

"Good day, Kiyo."

His smile vanished noticing my serious expression. Having grown up with him, he knew how to read the nuances on my face.

"He told you," he affirmed more than asked.

I just nodded. There was no reason to enter idle chat. The sooner this matter was dealt with, the better.

"Matsuo-sensei said you gave your accord."

He reached for his bottle of water and drank a bit.

"I did."

"Why? You don't owe me anything."

Giving up your freedom so another could enjoy it was unthinkable to me. I highly doubt anyone thinking rationally would make such an illogical decision.

"You don't want to go?" he asked giving me a side glance.

I gave him a grave look. This wasn't a matter of whether I wanted to go or not. I wouldn't waste such an opportunity. Right now, I just wanted to know why someone would be pushed to give up their freedom.

"Curiosity got the best of you then," he commented.

"What do you mean?"

"You're only coming here to satisfy your curiosity. This isn't some urge to make me change my mind. You probably already accepted the proposal. I bet Matsuo-sensei's already writing the recommendation letter."

He laughed at the end and turned back to punch the bag.

Hook, cross, cross, jab.

He wasn't putting any real strength on his strikes. There wasn't any emotion like fury, anger, joy, or sadness. He wasn't venting about anything. He was simply punching the bag for the sake of doing it.

"It doesn't anger you. The fact that I just accepted to leave you here, I mean. To your sort."

He snickered.