V4: Chapter 9 - 14:00

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

As soon as the third group discussion ended Matsushita, like the other two times, stormed out of the room. No one paid it any mind, though. Karma, Ryuuen and Ichinose had asked her about her behaviour, but her responses just brushed off any concerns. Therefore, during this third meeting no one had bothered her, and she just kept silent.

I only intervened for remarks or when I was addressed directly. The rest of the time, I was letting Horikita take the lead.

Curiously, the discussions of our group had turned out to be a four-way debate between Sakayanagi, Ryuuen, Horikita and Ichinose.

The last hour had mostly been discussions about the three groups that ended earlier. I told Horikita about what Yamauchi did and she confronted Nao who had admitted giving a name to Yamauchi but nothing else.

Mikoto, Kocho and Karma had taken an approach similar to mine during this discussion. Chikujoin and Hiroya, as usual played with their phones. Katsuragi had brought a book and read for the whole hour not minding the debate between Nao, Sakayanagi and Horikita.

A debate that only cooled down thanks to Ichinose, who took the role of the mediator.

Yet, because all the discussion regarding the Monkey, the Rooster, and the Horse group, we hadn't advanced at all regarding what we would do with our group.

I walked out of the room and began making my way towards the bow, where I was supposed to meet with Karuizawa.

"Ayanokouji-kun."

I turned to face Horikita who had a serious expression on her face.

"Yes?"

She looked around and grabbed my wrist dragging me towards the stairs. I suppose she didn't want our conversation to be heard since there were a lot of students on the hallway.

Opening the door that led to the stairs, she let go of my wrist and looked at me with a stern expression.

"I would like an explanation, Ayanokouji-kun," she stated.

"An explanation?"

"Yes. You knew about Yamauchi-kun and Koenji-kun and asked me to confront Class A about it, I would like to know why."

"It's nothing special, though. I was just there when Koenji sent the email, and I asked the Rooster group members about it. Yamauchi admitted sending the email. There's nothing more to it."

"You really expect me to believe that? After the island?"

"You know Horikita," I said a bit annoyed; I had no time for this. "It's not because I did something on the island that I'm constantly plotting something."

"So, you hadn't any intentions other than keeping me informed?" she narrowed her eyes.

I simply nodded, not having anything to add.

There was a brief silence, Horikita seemed to be gauging whether to believe me or not. I suppose she still doesn't trust me.

She opened her mouth to speak but the sound of the door made me silenced her by placing my hand on her mouth. I grabbed her and quickly stormed down the stairs as to not be noticed.

I descended a whole floor before letting Horikita down. I took my phone and silenced it. I signalled Horikita to do the same. She sent me a hostile glare but complied.