V3: Chapter 4 - Freedom

Chabashira Sae POV

The day of the closing ceremonies for the end of the first semester.

I was in a state of anticipation. Not only for the special exam that would come, but also because what I was going to do.

Immediately after homeroom ended, I called to Ayanokouji.

"Ayanokouji. I have to talk to you before you leave. Come to the faculty room," after pronouncing those words, I left the classroom and made my way towards the faculty room.

After making sure none of the other teachers were on their desks, I opened the door of the guidance room, to confirm everything was in order.

"—perspective, Karma-kun," Chie's voice resonated loud and clear through the room. Both, she, and her student looked at my direction.

"Oh, Sae-chan, hello! Didn't know you were coming! Do you need the room perhaps?"

"No. I just wanted to go to the kitchenette. I need a coffee," I responded. "I'm sorry, am I intruding?"

"Oh, I was just giving a little guidance to Karma-kun here."

"Yes, thank you for everything Chie-sensei," he addressed a kind smile to both Chie and me and left.

"Well, I'll leave you the room Sae-chan. Enjoy your coffee," she said with a wink.

Once she left, I confirmed that she wasn't on the faculty office and stayed on the doorway waiting for Ayanokouji to arrive.

When he finally did, I made him enter immediately, it would be problematic if another teacher showed up and saw Ayanokouji here. Specially Chie.

"Come in," I told him.

"I don't understand why you called me over."

"We'll talk inside."

"You might expect bad things when you're asked to come to the faculty room, but contrary to your expectations, it's a fine place. There aren't eyes all around in here. Many things are better said with some personal privacy."

The security camera of the room was missing. It was supposed to be a precaution, as to not leave any record of this meeting, but seeing Chie and that student of hers coming out of the room a moment ago made me think that my decision to take the camera off had been a mistake.

"So, what did you want to talk about? I'm busy planning my summer vacation right now."

"That's funny. I thought you would stay in your room all summer," I replied why a sly smile.

"That's a cruel comment, sensei. I have friends."

I was well aware of that; it was simply an attempt to get a reaction from him. Besides, it's not like my comment affected him.

"You've done great, Ayanokouji. I thought you would retire after the trial, I'm sure you're help during the finals was appreciated."

"I just thought I'd help my friends."

I nodded. It was time to aboard the main topic, the sooner we did it, the better.

"I called you here today because I wanted to tell you my personal story."

I doubted my story would interest him, but it was necessary for me to talk about it if I wanted to make him understand my motivation.

"It's something I haven't talked to anyone about since I had become a homeroom teacher. It's silly, but please listen."

"Before that, should we have tea? You must be thirsty," he said.

He stood up from his pipe chair and opened the kitchenette's door. Obviously enough, no one was inside. It seems like he doesn't trust me.