SS6: Kocho Shinobu - Bitter Taste

"—Can't they mind their own fucking business like the rest of their fucking classmates! It's all because of those two! Two hundred and fifty! We lost two hundred and fifty goddam points! —"

I rolled my eyes once again.

It's been more than five minutes already and Karma's rants didn't seem like they were going to stop.

We were in my room and since my roommates were already enjoying the ship. So, there wasn't any risk of someone walking in.

I was surprised when he started his rambling. Even if I knew what I could call the real Akabane Karma, I never thought he would be the type to rant like this. On the contrary, I would have thought he would welcome the challenge with open arms.

His relationship with Misaka-san really must be deteriorating...

"Eh? What did you say?" he asked looking at me directly, his eyes shone with that same spark from the night I almost stabbed him.

It seemed like I say that out loud.

I denied saying anything and he appeared to calm down. His rant seemingly over. I thought he would keep doing it for a few more minutes.

He laid on the bed next to mine.

I glanced at him. His eyes were close and the peaceful aura he gave, didn't fit at all with his mood from a moment ago.

I was holding myself back so much in this instant to not hit him or do something to him.

I could barely stand being around him but since he was our leader. Yet, I had to tolerate him. At first, I didn't accept that but Misaka-san had kept an eye on me and had confronted me two or three times after that night I spent in her room, so I hadn't any other choice but to deal with it.

That didn't prevent me from feeling repulsed and enraged each time I was in his presence. To think this was the person who killed my dear sister...

Three years.

That was the thought that comforted me. After that time, once we were out of this school, I could bring him down. I would definitely bring him down. Yet, there were still a lot of obstacles. If what Misaka-san said was true, then his parents and the corrupted system I planned to cleanse would give me a hard time.

I sighed.

"That's quite the heavy sigh," he mentioned not opening his eyes.

I looked at his direction again.

"Well, then you should try to spend most of your time with the person that killed your sister, Karma-kun. That way you might be able to relate," I told him sweetly.

His characteristic smirk returned to his face.

"If you say so."

At that moment Karma's phone rang.

"Yes?"

"..."

"With Shinobu."

"..."

"I see."

"..."

"Sure, we'll be there in a minute."

He closed the call and stood up. I looked at him puzzled but he only grinned and left the room.

With another sigh, I followed him.