SS10: Matsushita Chiaki - A Faraway Dream

I woke up at the sound of my alarm.

Still sleepy, I yawned and stretched myself. How long had I slept? I couldn't recall going to bed last night.

Slowly, I sat up at the border of my bed. Why do I have to go to school instead of laying here in my comfy and cosy bed?

It had been a while since I had slept so well. I felt like a whole new person.

Sighing, I stood up and began folding my blanket carefully. I couldn't just leave my bed this messy. I may have to change them this weekend, though. I just couldn't seem to recall when was the last time I had changed them. What was up with my memory today? It'll pass once I'm fully awake, I guess.

Done with my bed, I went towards the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. It had been a while since I cook anything, I wasn't particularly skilful, but I did like to do it every now and then. Ever since I entered the school, I had to get used to doing this kind of daily tasks.

I opened the fridge to see what I could cook but to my surprise, it was completely empty. There was only some cheese and ham left over. Looking at the cupboard I only found some bread. It was still eatable... What have I been doing lately?

I will have to go to the supermarket at Keyaki Mall or at least at the convenience store today.

Not having anything else, I made myself a sandwich, a simple sandwich. I went over my desk and sat on the chair grabbing my phone to fiddle over the school forums while I ate.

It was 6:42 AM so I still had time since classes started at 8:30. However, that wasn't the first thing that I noticed when I turned my phone on. No. The first thing I noticed was all the messages I had received from my friends. Most of them – fifty-three – were from my best friend, Maya-san.

The first message had been sent yesterday at 17:42 and it continued until 18:37. The last message said that Karuizawa-san had told her I felt unwell yesterday so I had gone to bed early and was asking me if we could walk together to school today.

I quickly replied with reassuring messages and told her that I had no problem with going to school with her.

What had happened yesterday? Why would have I gone to bed at 17:00?

As I tried to remember, I finished my sandwich, stood up and headed towards the bathroom to take a quick but refreshing shower. I took off my pyjamas and turned on the shower adjusting the temperature so the water would be warm.

It didn't take long before the cold water was replaced by a warmer one. So, I entered the shower letting the water fall on my skin, soaking me from head to toe.

I took the shampoo bottle and began applying it to my hair. I couldn't understand why, but I felt renewed. It was like I couldn't be stopped no matter what. Maybe the luck was beginning to turn in my favour.

But my leverage on Class D had considerably declined. I had barely contributed to the cruise exam, and I had been off the game ever since. Thankfully, Horikita-san and Ayanokouji-kun...

Wait a minute.

Ayanokouji-kun had visited me yesterday after classes, right? We had talked about Kushida-san, I think, and...

Suddenly, I felt my face heating up. I was sure my face was completely red, and my ears were smoking. We had just talked, though. A-Ayanokouji-kun told me that he wanted t-to...

"Ahhh!!! That idiot!"

If he wanted to reassure me he could have done otherwise. How could he say such things?! His expression didn't change! He didn't even stutter!