V7.5: Chapter 4 - Interests

Nagumo Miyabi POV

This day was a nightmare.

The closing ceremony was yesterday, the renovation of the student council room began today.

And there were already problems.

Kiriyama came early to check everything was in order and it didn't take him long to call me. Naturally, his call woke me from my sleep and forced me out of bed.

After arguing with the man in charge for about an hour, I decided to let them with whatever they were doing and called my dear vice-president so she could explain me all this bullshit I was reading. We were supposed to meet in my classroom ten minutes ago, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"How come you didn't notice any of this?" I asked Kiriyama once again.

Today was supposed to be a peaceful day, not one that gave me a headache.

Kiriyama sighed, passed a hand through his face, and spoke without lifting his eyes from the paper he was reading.

"Everything was in order when I delivered the papers."

"Then how did this happen?!" I uttered, slamming the desk.

"Someone must have done something after I—"

"Don't give me that as if it excused your incompetence, Kiriyama!" I pointed at him. "You're my secretary, you must make sure everything is in order at all times."

"I fulfilled my duty as your secretary correctly, I have nothing to reproach myself for," he declared stubbornly.

Leaning back on my chair, I blew not deigning to respond to the stupidity of his comment. If he had done his duty correctly, we wouldn't be in this situation.

"...And the phone calls?" I asked as the question came to my mind.

Kiriyama opened his mouth to reply but was unable to as the door of our classroom opened abruptly. Tomori Nao, my dear vice-president entered happily. Joining us, she promptly took the seat in front of me.

"Do you need anything, Nagumo-senpai?" she asked innocently.

Kiriyama dropped the papers on my desk and spoke coldly.

"What does this mean?"

Nao tilted her head to the side and shifter her gaze between the papers and Kiriyama.

"That you dropped some papers on Nagumo-senpai's desk?"

I couldn't help but chuckle at her response.

"There are some problems regarding the renovation in the student council room," I said.

"Some is an understatement. The place's a mess," Kiriyama gestured irritated.

Nao grabbed the papers and began scrolling through it. After she was done skimming, she placed them back on the desk and looked at me and Kiriyama.

"I see no problem," she shrugged.

"Wha—?!"

"How so, Nao?" I queried calmly interrupting Kiriyama.

"Well, everything's okay," she shrugged again.

"The budget is way above what we agreed! And what's with that thing of building a second floor?" Kiriyama hit the bunch of papers repeatedly as he spoke. "That wasn't the plan for the changes."