V1: Chapter 2 - The Student Body

Misaka Mikoto POV

Today was the first day in which we were going to have classes. I headed to my classroom earlier once my morning routine was completed. Unlike the others I couldn't afford being lazy, my physical ability was my major asset back in that place. To help me with my work out I planned on joining a sportif club, even though I still don't know which one I'll be joining.

I spent all my time during classes taking notes of what was being taught. Although I knew all of it, it was a good way to pass the time without fooling around like a good number of my classmates. And since none of the teachers said anything, the people in my class just kept being oblivious to the lessons. I doubted this was how teachers usually acted towards students because of my education. But maybe that place wasn't really a point of comparison. Just the fact that we were being taught content that I studied seven years ago was enough to tell.

Thankfully, soon it was lunchtime. As people started to group and head over to the cafeteria or wherever, I spoke to Shiina-san.

"Hey! Shiina-san, would you like to accompany me to the cafeteria," I continued to speak as she opened her mouth to refuse. "I know you'd like to go to the library, but I really want to introduce you to one of my friends and he told me he'd wait us there..."

I finish speaking putting the best pleading eyes I could make. I don't know if it was the mention of Kiyotaka or my puppy face, but Shiina-san accepted and soon enough we were standing at the entrance of the cafeteria searching for Kiyotaka. I did saw Karma-kun with a group of people, the girls he greeted yesterday at the restaurant were there and it looked like they were having a good time. Hum, Karma-kun must be refraining himself. I also noticed Nao with a group of girls, one of the girls was a complete blushing mess while Nao had a huge grin on her face. It seems she doesn't need to refrain herself.

Finally, I noticed Kiyotaka standing near the machine looking at the menu. No, he was looking at what the students from the different grades were ordering.

He must be trying to understand the school system, I, on the contrary, didn't give it a thought beyond our 'do not spend too much' agreement of yesterday. I don't really want to think about it and since I'm not planning to take such a prominent role in my class like Ryuuen-kun or those two Class A students Nao talked about.

"Kiyotaka!" I called approaching him, Hiyori by my side.

"Oh, Hello Mikoto."

"Hope you didn't wait for too long. Let me introduce you, Shiina Hiyori this is my friend Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. Kiyotaka this is the girl I talked to you about: Shiina-san."

I finished with a smile certain I just had introduced two future best friends.

"A pleasure to meet you, Ayanokoji-kun," Shiina-san said. "Misaka-san mentioned you like books."

"Likewise, Shiina. Yes, I do enjoy reading."

Shiina-san's eyes shone from excitement the same way they'd shone when I told her that I liked books but, since last year I've grown distant from literature while I got interested in other genres.

Just before Shiina-san went into a monologue about her favourite books, authors, and genres I suggested to get our food. Thus, we proceeded to an empty table Shiina-san in front of me while Kiyotaka was beside me.

"Well, Kiyotaka, why don't you tell Shiina-san what kind of books you like," If you don't, she will start talk about her favourites for the next three hours. I kept myself from saying that last part out loud.