V7.5: Chapter 3 - Christmas Date

Tomori Nao POV

Christmas day.

A very important day celebrated in many countries across the world. Millions of people would be spending time with their families or lovers feasting and celebrating. Despite its religious importance, here, it is mostly seen as a time to spread happiness and spend with your partner.

I always loved the fact that such an important religious event was celebrated in such a day because of convenience. The winter solstice and a very important Roman festival around the same dates, what a coincidence.

Whatever, I'm getting off-topic.

I was actually excited for today. After making most, if not all the arrangements for January, I managed to convince Kiyotaka to go out today. It would soon be the time we agreed to meet, so, I was now on the lobby of the dorm building waiting for him to arrive. From the windows, I could see it had snowed hard this morning.

To think this was my second winter out of that place... and eight months since I enrolled here. A lot of things had happened since the beginning of the year, from the civil war that opposed Katsuragi and Sakayanagi in my class to my first match against Kiyotaka. A match that I lost miserably because I had been stupid enough to overlook scenarios. Despite that, I was enjoying my stay here. Everyday was like entering wonderland, people were so interesting, even when they were just going by their normal lives. It felt surreal.

For me, every second far from that place was a blessing, but to these people it was normality. Ignorance is bliss, I guess. Yet, I paid no mind to that. After all, I was happy.

Proving myself superior to these people was lame. I preferred to have fun. I preferred to discover more and more things about everything. Class A, B, C, D; it didn't really matter as long as I could continue to live like this for the next three years.

"If only it could last longer," I muttered.

I would have to plan how to leave this place after graduation without getting caught by White Room agents. Future me could take care of that, though. This wasn't the day to think about that.

"Nao?"

"Hmm?"

I raised my head from my phone to find Mikoto looking at me, a confused expression on her face. Accompanying her were Ibuki and Hiyori.

"What are you doing here?" Ibuki questioned.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not plotting anything, if that's what you're afraid of," I spoke.

Ibuki narrowed her eyes not believing me. I shook my head smiling amused. I had no idea how my reputation became this. I hadn't plotted that much. I mean yes, I did research on the whole school system and installations and had made reports on every single student that I somewhat shared with Sakayanagi and Kiyotaka, nothing more.

... Well, I suppose I caused Katsuragi's downfall in Class A, and that injury Machida got in the island was indirectly my fault, and Kanzaki rebelled against Karma because of some things I may or may not have told Shibata and Ryuuen and got my vice-president position because of certain reasons that caused Nagumo to distrust Kiriyama and... Yeah, I hadn't done much. I mean, Class A did lose the paper shuffle because of my incompetence.

"Are you going out?" I asked Mikoto.

"Yeah," she nodded. "Mio wanted to go see a movie but didn't want to go alone—"