V1: Chapter 10 - Results

Misaka Mikoto POV

"Before we begin. Does any of you have any questions?" Sakagami-sensei asked as he finished today's lesson.

"How about you show us the results, huh?" Ryuuen-kun demanded.

Honestly, all the points we'll lose this month will be because of him and Chikujoin-san.

"That's what I'm going to do, Ryuuen. No need to be so hostile."

He then stuck a sheet of paper with all the scores in it.

As soon as the results were visible the class went into an uproar. I was at the top with full marks in all subjects, but I was not the only one. Hiyori-san, Kaneda-kun, Yamada-kun, Chikujoin-san and Hiroya-kun had all the same scores as me.

"In all honestly, I'm baffled. The lowest score is of sixty-eight. I'm actually quite pleased to see the results of your dedication to improve your grades. Needless to say, none of you is going to be expelled today."

He said that with a smile on his face. I was almost certain he knew how my classmates had gotten those scores.

As that was the end of it, Sakagami-sensei left, and we stayed in the classroom waiting for the first period to begin.

"The old tests were very useful, huh?" I muttered.

I heard a giggle and turned to my right to face Hiyori-san.

"Indeed, they were Misaka-san. But the deal you made wasn't the only thing that helped our classmates. Your tutoring also played an important part in helping them with their academics."

"I could return the compliment to you Hiyori-san," I told her.

She only smiled shyly at my comment and went back to her book. She was finally reading Dan Simmons' Hyperion, a recommendation I had given her at the beginning of school. She'd taken all this time to read it because of her to-read list but it made me glad to finally see her read the book.

Hiyori-san had become more important to the class thanks to these exams. Not only her academic ability was useful, but she also had a keen eye for observation. Ryuuen-kun had noticed this since he was part of Hiyori-san's study group. I actually was quite happy when I observed Ryuuen-kun's new found respect for Hiyori-san after our last conversation.

"Kukuku, Congratulations you lot!" Ryuuen-kun's voice boomed through the classroom.

I rolled my eyes and placed my head in my hands. Here we go again...

"It seems like your efforts did pay off! But don't get cocky because of some good grades. Now the real works begins. From this moment to summer vacation Class C will be doing some experiments and you all will be participating in some of them!"

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"Forty-two?! You never told us about this! I won't accept it!" Sudou yelled.

"Yeah, me neither!" Ike followed jumping out of his seat.

"Should I tell you how we determine the passing grade?"

Chabashira-sensei wrote a simple formula on the blackboard: 83.7 divided by 2 equals 41.85.