Tenrou Island

LUCY'S POV

Today was any other day. The sun was shining, the breeze was cool and fairy tail were rowdy as ever. It's been a month since my salamander identity got out. The news spread throughout the whole of Fiore and other nations like wildfire. People are always excited anytime they see me and ask for my autograph. Even the guild gets excited as well. They're amazed in anything I do which is starting to annoy me. I really hope this excitement dies down someday. On the bright side, Natsu has always been by my side and scares off anyone that comes close to me. For the first time, I actually appreciate his scary side. Sora left Magnolia a week ago and promised he'll visit me sometime. Honestly I really miss him.

Right now I'm sitting next to Natsu and Happy on the second floor. He's not comfortable leaving me alone with everyone after what happened when they found out about my relationship with my father. I don't blame them, I too am sickened that I'm related to him. I snap back to reality when I noticed the guild seems different. I expected everyone to be going on jobs. But it seemed like everyone was at the guild. Even Gildarts who was never there had come back home.

"Do you think I'll get chosen?" I hear Gray's voice downstairs.

"I'm not sure Gray. You'll have to wait for the master to announce the people that will go" Erza replied.

"C'mon Erza, just tell me. You're an S-Class wizard, you should know" Gray complained.

"As an S-Class wizard of the guild, I cannot go against master's orders" Erza stated.

"Natsu, what's going on?" I asked with a curious expression. "Why is everyone here? Even Gildarts is here too"

Natsu raised an eyebrow. "No one told you? The S-Class trials are being announced today"

"S-Class trials?" I said.

"It's an annual trial that basically decides who the new S-Class wizard would be" Happy said. "It's like deciding who's the strongest in guild" I nodded in understanding. The guild went quiet as master walked on to the stage. Mira, Erza and Gildarts were all standing next to him.

"As you all know the S-class trial  is starting. To all newcomers, the S-Class trial is a test to our strongest members and see if one of them can become an S-Class wizard. The people who will be helping me will be the previous S-Class wizards. Now to announce the few that will participate in the trial" master declared. He took a long pause before taking out a piece of paper and began reading it. "The participants for this year will be Gray Fullbuster, Lucy Dragneel, Gajeel Redfox, Elfman Strauss, Cana Alberona, Levy McGarden, Freed Justine, Juvia Lockser and Wendy Marvell"

The guild erupt into shouts of celebration and congratulated each other while others were disappointed that they weren't chosen and dedicated themselves to work harder next year. I'm actually quite excited and nervous at the same cause I get to compete with the strongest members in the guild. "Quiet! Master isn't done talking!" Gildarts shouted making everyone quiet down again.

Master continues. "Now each participant will have the choice of picking a partner to help them. Their partner will not be made S-Class if they succeed and their partners can not be anyone that is already S-Class. You have will have the rest of today to prepare for the trip to Tenrou island. That is all"

The guild erupt in cheers and laughter while the participants looked for partners they could work with. I left the guild to pack what I need for the trip with Natsu and Happy following me behind.

"Lucy, congratulations!" Happy cheered. Natsu just nods and pats my head.

"Thanks Happy" I smiled.

"Who are you going to pick as your partner?" Happy asked.