Role Model

NATSU'S POV

"Lucy. Let's go on a job" happy said as he flew to Lucy to carry him. We've been going on jobs together for a month now. I can see the surprises in everyone's face. I hear them saying why haven't I hurt Lucy. Well, that very simple. She not annoying even though she talks too much, she's still not annoying. She always listen to me and she's cute and attractive. Wait, why am I thinking about that?. I also notice that anytime me or someone else yelled at her, she flinches and starts trembling and crying. She keeps on saying sorry and i'm sorry all the time. Sometimes, she gets a headache. I can never forget what happened two weeks ago. She had a nightmare and she was screaming. I managed to calm her down.

Flashback

I was awoke by her violent screams. I saw her moving constantly and it's seems like she was struggling from a nightmare.

"No....don't....please.... don't.... hurt....me...arghhhhh..." She spoke out loud.

"LUCY" happy shouted and woke her up. She began panting as her eyes were wide open and her body shaking.

"Lucy? are you okay?" Happy asked her throughout worry, she didn't answer. Without answering, she curled up into a ball sitting up position. "Stop...please" she called out. I grab a hold of her shoulders and shook her around.

"HEY!" I shouted. She snapped out of it and looked at me. "Natsu" she whispered before falling into my chest and passed out. I gently stroke her hair and layed back down holding unto Lucy hoping she could sleep peacefully. Happy looked at Lucy and went back to sleep.

End of flashback

"Natsu. Look at this job" Lucy said as she showed me the flier.

"Hmm... taking down some dark wizard..." I mumbled.

"THE REWARD IS GOOD! We could split it in three equal ways so we each get Three hundred thousand Jewels!! I'm going to pay my rent for a while!" She happily said while looking over the request. I then pat her head very gently and walked off to inform Mira that we would be going on a mission.

I walked out the guild without a word and looked back at her over my shoulder, then turned back around. This usually meant that i wanted her to follow me and she did. We silently walked to her apartment. She gave happy and i food to eat since I don't like eating at the guild. After a couple of minutes, we left.

Time skip

LUCY'S POV

We were fighting the wizard when suddenly a dark purple beam was headed straight for me, I knew I couldn't get out of the way fast enough and I was bracing myself for the hit, but what did come was a warm pair of arms around me. I looked up and noticed that Natsu had his back towards the wizard, hugging me. "He protected me yet again" Natsu look very angry, so he turned around, and hit him in the face, knocking him out with one punch. He grabbed the wizard by the arm and started dragging him, he then gave me a look saying "Are you hurt?" I just smiled and shook my head. He seemed satisfied with my answer so he walked away, the mage still unconscious and being dragged. Once we got to the authorities we turned in the wizard and got our reward. This job couldn't have been any easier.

On our way home, I felt like someone was following us. I sniffed the air in way natsu wouldn't notice. "Come out laxus" natsu said. Laxus came out of his hiding place

"Why are you following us?" I asked.

"Well, when I heard that salamander helped you on your mission last month, I began thinking if you have been seeing him lately. So I decided to follow you guys" laxus said calmly.

Natsu gave a tsk. "No laxus. We haven't seen him since" I said. "But what does a arrogant dragon slayer want to do with salamander?" I asked.

Laxus gave me a glare and looked away and didn't say anything. "Laxus is a big fan of salamander. He looked up to him as his role model" happy answered. "Sometimes, he says that he wants salamander to train him so that he can defeat natsu"

"What!"

"Shut up you stupid cat" laxus shouted at happy. "I-I'll be going now" Laxus said as he started walking away.

"Guys, I'll be right back" I waved my hand at natsu. He nodded while happy said aye.

After I got away from natsu and happy, I began laughing. "Hahahahaha" I couldn't control my laughter. I'm his role model. It just so funny. I can't wait to see the look on face when he finds out about it. After I calmed down for a while, I went to meet natsu and happy. I stopped when they were talking.

"Natsu don't worry. You will find salamander" happy told him.

Natsu sighs "I really want him to tell me where my dad is" natsu spoke. "Damn it" he growled.

"He thinks I know where Acnologia is. I guess he doesn't know where igneel is then" I thought.

"Shall we go?" I walked to natsu and he nodded his head.

While we were walking, natsu was staring at me. "What" I asked.

"Where did you get that necklace?" Natsu asked as he looked at my necklace.

"I-I uh got it from m-my f-father" I stammered. Natsu gave me a suspicious look then look away.

NATSU'S POV

"Lucy carry me" happy said to Lucy and she opened her hands to carry him. That cat is starting to get lazy. I looked at her red crystal necklace again. That crystal are very rare and it's something you can find unless-. "No. Something's not right here. Lucy is keeping secrets and I'm going to find out what it is whether she likes it or not"