Poison Dragon Slayer

LUCY'S POV

After a while of walking, we got to the train station. A man working there told us that the train had some issues so we will have to wait till tomorrow.

"Yes, yes. No train" I said happily.

"Tomorrow, I guess chaos is gonna make us walk home" gray said.

"Hey guys, since we are all tired. Let go to that bathtown we saw not too far from the town and relax there" I said.

"Lucy!" Natsu said, frowning. Erza and Gray stiffened with horror expression on their faces.

"Yes, natsu" I said.

He closed his eyes for a second, then opened them and looked at me. "Good idea" Erza and Gray sighed in relief while happy was excited.

Time skip, at the bathtown

NATSU'S POV

I came out of the bathhouse with happy by my side. I was wearing a blue robe and my scarf tied around my head. "Natsu is my friend" why am I thinking about that. I saw Lucy, Gray and Erza walking towards my direction. I wanted to ignore them when Lucy called me.

"Natsu" she ran towards me.

"What?" I said.

"Aren't you going to hang with us?"

"No"

"Please natsu" she pleaded and held my arm. I gave her a glare signalling her to leave me. She raised a eyebrow and smiled. "Come on natsu, besides where are you going to sleep-" she stopped taking. Her eyes widened as she looked around and She left my arm. Erza and Gray were confused.

"You don't have to hide" she said with a grin, "just come out"

A red haired man wearing a robe came out of nowhere. He smelled like... Poison. They walked to each other and he put a arm around her shoulders, smiling at her. I felt like punching him cause he was close to Lucy.

"Long time no see, flame brain" he said.

"You too, snake eyes" she said.

"You two know each other?" Erza asked.

"Yeah, he's my friend. We meet a few times on my travels and we spar to test out our strength" she replied.

"Who are your friends?" he asked as he slipped his arm off her shoulder. "This is natsu, gray, erza and happy. Guys, this is cobra the poison dragon slayer" she replied while pointing to said people.

"A dragon slayer!" Gray said.

"So your magic is poison?" Erza asked.

"Yeah. not only poison, he can read minds" Lucy said.

"WHAT!" Happy yelled, making us look at him. "I don't believe you"

"Haha, I can hear you, your thoughts, everything. I can hear how much you love eating fish" cobra said with a smirk.

"He can really hear me" happy said in shock while holding his head.

"Wait a minute" cobra started to look at me. "You're the chaos dragon from fairy tail right?" He asked and I growled in response. "They're all from fairy tail and I'm a fairy tail member now" Lucy said. Cobra grabbed her arm and pulled her away from us. I wanted to go after her but Erza stopped me by touching my shoulder slightly.

COBRA'S POV

I took Lucy to a corner where people won't see us. "Why are you with someone like him Lucy?. Don't you know he's the true son of Acnologia" I asked. "He's not as bad as everybody says he is" Lucy replied. "How do you know? I asked and she gave me a smile. "He's a really good person, trust me" she replied.

I sighed "you're just doing this because you're the famous sala-" I was cut off by her covering my mouth with her hand.

"Don't say that!" She whispered yelled. "Someone might hear you"

"Alright, let's go back" I said.

Time skip

We were all eating in restaurant. Lucy sat next to chaos. I couldn't help but worry. I mean it's chaos.

"So, where you raised by a dragon?" Erza asked curiously.

"Yes, her name is viper" I replied.

"Was she the one that taught you to read people's minds" the blue feline asked.

"No. I was born with that ability"

"How did you and Lucy meet?" chaos grunted while giving me a glare.

"Well, you see" Lucy spoke, trying to make up stories. I didn't pay attention, just starting remembering how we first met.

Flashback

I was stealing equipments we needed inside a warehouse with my former friends.

"It's salamander, he's here" I hear one of our men said. 'Shit, salamander' I thought.

"Racer, midnight, angel, hot eye. Go and handle him" brain said. "He's outnumbered and outmatched" they all went out.

"Cobra, let's go now!" He said and we started running with the equipments. After a while, we entered a room filled with different chemicals. 'Not poison, damn' I snapped out my thoughts when I realised something.

"Brain, everyone's defeated" I said. "What's even surprising is that I can't hear salamander thoughts" I continued.

"What!" Brain said. Suddenly, a door on our left was kicked opened. I saw him. the fire dragon slayer, salamander.

"Cobra, hold him off. I have an idea" brain said as he ran off.

As he was walking towards me, I decided to make the first move. I ran towards him and swung my poison fist at him. "Poison dragon fist" I chanted and he countered it with his flaming fist. He held my arm and toss me to the wall. "Argh!" I exclaimed in pain. I got up trying to hear his thoughts, what's he planning next. Nothing, I can't hear anything. "Poison dragon roar" I chanted my breath attack. He used his own breath attack and they clashed together making a huge explosion. As the smoke dispersed, we were still standing.

'Die salamander' I hear brain's thoughts. I look up and saw brain holding a giant gun, aiming at salamander. I was forced to join this guild when I was a child. I didn't like them killing people. I'm not going to let them kill again.

"NO!" I yelled. I ran to salamander and pushed him out of the way. The blast from the gun hit me. "Arghhh" I exclaimed in pain, then everything black out.

I woke up with bandages on me. I saw salamander by my side. he removed his hood and turns out that salamander was a woman. She told me that all my friends have been arrested by the military. She saved because she saw good in me. Since then, we became good friends and I promised her that I won't tell anyone her serect.

End of flashback

"So that's it" Lucy said. I look around and everyone was staring.

"You turned into a good leaf thanks to salamander. Wow" Gray said.

"Yeah, I should be going now. Thanks for the food" I started to get up. I turned my attention to chaos. "If you ever hurt Lucy then you answer to me" I told him with a glare which didn't affect him at all.

"Cobra, he's cool. I'll be fine" Lucy said as she face palmed herself.

"Nice meeting you all. Bye" I waved my hand and started walking away.

"Later cobra" Lucy said.