Chapter 1

The dismissing bell rang loudly as a mob of students got up, eager to get out. Slow walkers, runners, pushers and shovers all headed towards the exits nearest to them to get out of the school. Teachers patrolling the halls had to yell over the mob for them to stop crowding around exits. All types of teens were there having the same thought 'Get me out of here'.

"Hahaha! You were so scared it made my whole week better! I didn't know you were afraid of heights!" A girl said as she laughed.

"Well now you know. Are we going out today?" Her friend asked as she stuffed her sweaty hands in her joggers and gave a goofy smile at the group.

The girls were all walking out of the side door next to the band room. They all made plans about what time to go to the mall later and settled on 3 o'clock. They all got into the mother of the group, Hannah's, car. Sure, in her opinion, her suv wasn't that big but it had enough seats for everyone plus a big enough trunk for the group delinquent to ride in. They listened to the radio station on low as they all talked and even exchanged answers on pre-started homework assignments. Jessica, who was in the front seat, wrote down the answers to Hannah's homework for her as a 'thank you for the ride home and to the mall' Hannah simply smiled at this and kept the conversation going.

Terra's stop came up first.

"Someone care to open the back and help her out?" Hannah said as she pulled into the driveway.

"I got it." The middle seat shortie, Gina, said.

"Sure sure. What the hell are you thinking? You really want one of us to move just for you? You're something else." The the redhead to her right said in her Irish accent as she raised an eyebrow.

"I will." A tall dark-skinned girl said as she got out.

Ivy helped Terra get out and walked her to the door to be greeted by Terra's fluffy cat at the door. Terra fixed her hair and stepped in her home shouting 'see ya in a little bit!' In the process. The door of course closed just as they heard her mother yell at her in Korean.

"How much you wanna bet that she has to clean the windows just for that?" Jessica said and Ivy got back in the car.

"First off. How much do you have?" Scat said in an over the top Irish accent that made the rest of the girls giggle.

Jessica simply flipped her short bob in response. One by one the girls were dropped off at their homes eager to get ready to go to the mall together. Lastly came up Gina's stop. Rolling up to the end of her street Hannah breaked and parked.

"You're gonna try out to be the libero, right? Now that its senior year I guess you just wanna have fun. You only have like two classes after all." Hannah asked looking at her sweetly.

"Yup! Try outs are next week and I can't wait! I like being at the school though. It's fun! I know it's kinda weird for me to stay the whole school day everyday." Hannah chuckled at Gina's excitement and simply turned to her with a nervous look on her face.

"Hey, I was just wondering why we can't know where you live? You don't have to feel embarrassed about where you live, you know?"

"I know, silly. I just don't feel comfortable about it." Gina replied with a reassuring smile on her face.

With that she waved Hannah goodbye with with goofy smile and walked off. Hannah drove off feeling a little better. She knew Gina wouldn't be the one to hide something. She was just a VERY conservative person. The only thing she has is a phone number. No social media at all. Not even to post simple pictures of the sky. She was Mormon after all.

_______________________________________________

At the mall the girls one by one found eachother in the front of the mall. Hannah and Jessica rode together, thus arrived together. They all went all over just looking at things and buying others. Most of it was skin and hair care product. Gina and Ivy spent the most on those.

"What's the difference between the conditioners? I thought everyone could use any type?" Terra asked bored from staying in the same store for so long of course.

"The difference in in the consistency and the chemicals. Thicker conditioner works better for me and Gina because our hair is naturally dry. It's hard enough being pretty, now we've got to deal with the hair type. Though Gina here can actually get her hair wet a lot easier than me." Ivy said and she walked up behind the short girl and rested her chin on top of Gina's head.

"Oh." Terra simply said not expecting a full on lecture about their hair type.

Later, the girls decided that they were hungry and went to the food court for something to satisfy their stomachs. Hannah and Scat went to get Japanese noodles while the rest of the girls agreed on burgers and shakes. Sitting down, they all simply talked about graduating and their plans for the future. The conversation shifted through to just random topics and laughter at Gina's jokes and Scat's late reactions to them.

Soon it was getting late. The girls sorted through their bags and finally were able to figure out which bag was whose. Hannah gave most of the girls a ride home. Jessica and Gina lived close to the mall.

Walking down the street the two girls walked under the setting sun. They took small breaks since their bags were heavy. Soon they arrived at Jessica's apartment complex.

"You wanna hang out tomorrow?"

"Sorry Jess, I have plans tomorrow unfortunately."

"Oh right! You work right? What's your job?" Jessica asked excited to hear about her job.

With a big dramatic inhale and an exhausted look on her face, Gina loudly groaned out 'customer service' leaving her out of breath. Jessica giggled at the display and played along. The girls then said their goodbyes and Gina watched Jessica go to her door to make sure she was okay.

Walking down her street she walked past her house and turned heading to a small wooded area where her childhood tree house was. It wasn't anything special but it was definitely impressive in size. She smiled at it and climbed up to enter her second home. Laying down on the inflatable mattress she had there she rested and dozed off.

Hearing the sound of her alarm she got up and looked through a box in the rather large space and pulled out basic hygiene products and got ready for work. She got her Belladonna Duffle bag packed with a few hygiene products to stay fresh and an outfit to change into for when she got there.

Ding

She checked her phone to find a message from the group chat wishing her a good night at work. She was always the fun one of the group. The happy one that they all cared for. She smiled at their messages and texted back sending a selfie too. Giggling at her goofy picture, she stuffed her phone into the pocket of her rather nice dress coat and headed back down the tree house. Walking past her home again she wondered what her parents thought of her having a job. She'd made a mental note to tell them the good news later.