The Agent and the Billionaire

Marinette's POV

I have been called many things over the years. Intelligent. Observant. But I have never been a stupid girl with a stupid crush on Damian Wayne, the billionaire who has recently been receiving death threats. The billionaire who my team has been assigned to protect. However, my team- Agent Chloe Bourgeois, Agent Kagami Tsurugi, and Agent Alix Kubdel-seems to think otherwise.

After the Adri-bitch/Lie-la situation when we were 17 , I have sworn off men (or, more accurately, boys).

There has been no one who has made me feel enough for them for me to break that. Of course, I'm still happy for my friends. Nino and Chloe got together, as did Luka and Kagami. Max and Alix are still dancing around each other.

Speak of the devil. Agent Kubdel's voice sounds over my comm, interrupting my thoughts. "Agent Cheng, someone is approaching Mr. Wayne and fast. They have a gun."

I decide to get to the assassin's target first.

"Hello! Would you care to dance, Mr. Wayne?" I can tell that he wants to say no, so I whisper, "There isn't much time. Someone is coming your way with a gun."

Wayne quickly stands up and accepts my invitation, understanding what's at stake. "Of course, Miss."

The pair of us make our way to the dance floor. As we start to sway, I pull my gun from its' holster and shoot at the assassin. Amid the screams and shouts of panic, I rush off. I can hear Wayne calling out, "Wait! Who are you? What is your name?"

Mr. Wayne seems like a nice guy, but I have more important things to do. Like catching the assassin that made an attempt on his life. I shout into my comm, "Agent Tsurugi! The assassin has escaped! Do you have a visual?"

Her voice sounds angry. I hear a faint this through the comms, as if she slammed her hands on the keyboard. "I apologize, Agent Cheng. I do not have a visual." I sigh, disappointed. In all this chaos, even a bullet wound can be easily disguised.

"Move out! Let's check the security footage, see if we can find anything."

Two Days Later...

I walk into That Bat's Crazy coffee shop in downtown Gotham. The line may be long, but the coffee here is divine. I sometimes come here when I'm in town. I finally get up to the front and place my order. When my name is called, I grab my drink and sit down at an empty table.

A man's cold voice sounds above me. "You're in my seat." I tilt my head up to glare at him, but any snappy response I might've had dies in my throat. It's Damian Wayne. I hope that he doesn't recognize me, but he does.

"You! You are the woman I danced with at the gala!" I shake my head, playing up my innocent appearance and hoping I can convince him. He sits down in the chair opposite me. "Of course not! I don't even know you!" He glares at me, not convinced.

"Have dinner with me as repayment for saving my life." I shake my head and say, "No. I don't date clients." He raises an eyebrow. "I thought you did not know me?"

I shrug. "Still a hard no."

He sighs. Just as I get up to go, I feel a hand gently clasp around my wrist. I turn around slowly, a pissed expression on my face.

"Fine. May I have your number?" I smirk at him, amused. "You're not going to give up, are you?" He shakes his head and pulls his phone out, extending it to me. "No. Number?"

I type it in and save it as 'Girl Who Saved Your Life'. As I'm about to open the door and leave, I turn back to smirk at him. "See you around, Wayne."