Chapter 49: Dilemma

Sam

So, that happened.

Just when I was getting comfortable with the idea of staying here. I mean, I still am.

Strictly speaking, I do have a life here with my family and Emmett should I desire.

And I was comfortable with putting New York on the back burner for now or maybe ever.

However, if Emmett's not going to be Alpha and I'm not gonna be Luna, what's keeping us here?

Yes, I could probably be a country housewife if I wanted, Emmett working as a warrior or something. Sure, that'd be fine. It's a good, honest life.

IF I wanted it, that is. But I don't, not in the slightest!

It's one thing to take over the leadership of a community you're born to lead.

Literally, they've been bred to succeed their father and it's fine. Dynasty and all that.

But now the game has completely changed. Now, there's no excuse for him to stay here.

I just had to convince him that dropping out of everything he knows his whole life and follow me into the unknown is the right path for us.

I mean, it's his time to sacrifice. Isn't it?

Not that it'd be such a sacrifice following the love of his life to her dream city since she was a little girl. Right?

"I'm sorry, bro, I know you really wanted to be Beta." - Emmett told Paul while we're eating lunch the next day. School waits for no ascending wolf. Or human.

"Thanks, Emm. I'm sorry for you too. I think we would have smashed it as Alpha and Beta!" - Paul said confidently. He actually didn't take that bad not ascending. He's certainly better than I am. And I've only known about this for a few months.

"Are you really not gonna tell me who you're gonna pick for Beta? I'm your mate, you know?" - John snickered. I could tell he's proud to say that word. He yearned for it by more than a year.

"You mean, am I gonna tell the blabber mouth who let his dad find out about our secret room? No, I will not! But I love you." - She snickered and kissed him on the cheek. So adorable. 🥰

John wanted to be mad but who could resist a mate's kiss?

"It's just disrespectful to not tell my dad. He's the Beta of the pack!" - John replied with hurt in his voice.

"John, there is not a single man on Earth I respect more than your dad, aside from my 2. I'm well aware. Don't worry!" - She rebuked, sounding annoyed. But John's not happy. His dad is his hero.

"Whoever you choose, I'm sure they're gonna be great, Alpha." - Paul said with a sad smile, looking at her.

"Thanks, Paul. I do appreciate it. I hope you stay on as our warrior." - She replied with a hopeful tone.

"You're not getting rid of me this easy. Don't worry! I'll follow in my dad's footsteps." - He spoke with misty eyes. It's difficult not to tear up at the situation.

"Plus, where would I go? To the Blood Moon pack? No, I don't want my father in law to be my boss. I'm not crazy enough to face Delta Jones!" - He snickered. We laughed. He's not wrong, that man is massive!

"Oh my Goddess! Your dad just texted me asking if I want to train with him to make Delta. This is the best day ever! I mean, a part from when I met my mate, of course!" - He shouted as he showed us the text from Mr. Underwood on his phone. He looked radiant.

"He didn't asked ME if I wanted to train for Delta..." - John smirked, brooding.

"That's because you can't! You already are gonna be Luna. You can't be Delta even if you wanted!" - Paul replied in a serious tone.