Chapter 1: My Head & My Heart

Rosalyn

Of course, it's a competition. It has always been a competition ever since we're born.

When my dad Alpha Daniel Aguilar Huntington go mated to my daddy Luna Felix Ford, they knew that the dynasty had to go on.

I mean, my family has been serving as Alpha of the Rutherford Falls pack since its foundation, almost 120 years ago. It's the largest, strongest werewolf pack of the entire East Coast.

We're feared, revered, everyone knew not to mess with us. Our laws are absolute.

My father lead with wisdom and bravery. No one crossed him, not if they knew what's good for them! And the dynasty was not about to end at my dad just because his mate was a man!

So, they used a (werewolf) surrogate to carry their children. The plan was to have one by dad Dan and another by daddy Felix. However, as soon as they took the first ultrasound, there we were: Rosalyn and Emmett.

They were so shocked about the news that they ended up not having anymore children. I mean, daddy Felix is already a twin, so if he had any kid it would probably be another set of twins. That freaked the hell out of him! And who could blame him?

Me and my brother were a lot of trouble already! Imagine another set of us?

The only problem was to figure out who would succeed dad as Alpha of the pack.

Not any pack had twin Alphas. Not any Alpha had first born twins. There could only be one. But who?

Dad refused to choose. At all. He said he couldn't pick between his children and again, who could blame him? It was a hard choice to make. Maybe in the past, it'd be easy to go with the son. Barf! I know, right?

But now we had a female Delta. Women are capable of fighting just as hard as any men. Aunt Denise proved that in spades.

Pressed against the wall, Alpha dad had the brilliant solution of leaving it up to the Moon Goddess.

Because we're werewolves, the Moon Goddess chooses our soulmate for us when we turn 18. And it can be anyone. Literally. Human or werewolf. Of any gender. The only guideline we have is that they can't be older or younger than you by more than 1 year, 11 months and 29 days.

So, no sugar daddies! And they can't be blood relatives, naturally.

And of course no one can become Alpha until they find their mate. Not in our pack nor in any wolf pack I've ever heard of!

Now, my brother and I turned 17 a few months ago. The age of consent.

That means though we can't find our mate yet, if they are 18+: jackpot! Of course, that only applies if the mate is a wolf. Humans are completely unaware of any of this, so they'll not know about the bond unless a werewolf tells it to them, like it happened to my parents. And my uncle Nate. 2 brothers mated to 2 human twins. The Goddess has a sense of humor!

Which brings us to today. For the past few months, my brother and I have been circulating all around town and beyond to see if anyone catches a whiff of us (you discover your mate by the scent. I mean, your wolf does).

And today, we were about to attend the 18 year old birthday party of Robert, eldest son of Casper and Lauren Williams, the heir of the Blood Moon pack, our oldest and strongest ally. My entire family is coming!

I mean, uncle Nate couldn't go because he's the Beta and left in charge of the pack in my dad's absence. But my aunt Denise is going, she's mated to Tony Williams, Casper's brother.

I was getting ready in my room when I hear a knock at the door and I let the person in. Our rooms were soundproof, so if we didn't open the door the person wouldn't hear us say anything. It's a werewolf precaution, otherwise we wouldn't get any rest. We have acute hearing.