Chapter 19: Wicked Game

Rosalyn

I admit: I was a little glad she didn't show up.

I know it's petty, I'm sorry! Try as I may I can't be happy for him. I just can't! I know he's my brother and I love him, but no! I may be losing Alpha but I don't have to be happy about it. And I never will!

"Congratulations, baby. You deserve it!" - John said to me as he kissed me on the lips.

There is a crowd of pack members at the compound. They are all cheering me on.

I am at the podium waiting to take my place.

Dad takes the microphone:

"I give the Rutherford Falls pack your new Alpha: Rosalyn Ford Huntington!"

The crowd applauded me for 5 minutes. I feel amazing. My entire family is there so are the Underwoods. Also my abuela and abuelo. I feel the happiest I've ever been in my life!

I wake up with the happiest of smiles. I don't know what game someone's playing, but it could be worse. There are a lot of worse dreams to have than one you're ascending as Alpha. Even if its just a dream.

"You look happy today, Ros. Did you finally dream about your mate?" - Daddy asked me at breakfast and Emmett gasped. He nearly choke on his food.

"I wish, daddy." - I spoke and Emmett sighed in relief. - "No, I just dreamed I ascended as Alpha." - I told him. But it shocked everyone.

"What?! How?!" - Emmett questioned, gobsmacked.

"I have no idea!" - I answered, which is true.

"Was your mate there with you?" - Dad asked, quizzically.

"Dad, if my mate was in the dream, I'd be already at his house by now!" - I snickered.

"Then how did you ascend without a mate?!" - Emmett asked, his tone was desperate. Then he realized something.

"Oh my Goddess! Can you change the law regarding ascension and allow unmated people to ascend?" - Emmett asked looking at dad, gobsmacked. He looked so shook. So did our dads.

"Not in his lifetime, no, that's impossible!" - Uncle Nate interjected as he walked inside the dining hall, making all of us look at him.  The warriors stand up to greet their Beta, then take their seat again and continue breakfast.

"Son, that is literally the only absolute law we have! Even if I wanted to make an exception, which I don't; even if I could, which I can't. Why would I choose your sister over you?" - Dad replied. Too thorough for my taste.

"Thanks, dad!" - I snickered.

"Yeah, thanks dad, that was scary for a moment!" - Emmett sighed in relief.

"I mean, even If I were to choose her, which I won't, I can't choose an unmated werewolf to be Alpha. Like at all!" - Dad continued in a somber tone.

"We got it, dad, thanks!" - He was killing my buzz.

"Was the unmateable there?" - Dad asked, curiously.

"Stop calling my son the unmateable!" - Uncle Nate yelled. - "He can be mated! Just not to..." - He trailed off. I grimaced.

"Yes, he was. He kissed me right before I took my place at the podium. He even said I deserved it!" - I replied, with a giant smile on my face.

"See? That's how you know it was just a dream! Because the unmatea... cousin was in it." - Emmett stuttered. Uncle Nate glared at him.