Chapter 4: Patience

Rosalyn

There was no breakfast late when you lived at the pack house. I mean, not unless you're willing to skip it altogether. And we are hungry like the wolf. Pun intended.

I get to the dining hall just before Emmett, as always. And I was the girl of the twins.

I go about preparing my plate when he dropped a bomb on us!

"Dads, I think I dreamed about my mate!" - Emmett said and I was floored.

"What?!" - I dropped my plate I was so upset. - "No, no, no..." - I started crying.

Daddy immediately got up from his seat and came to my side, he hugged me close. And kissed my temple.

"Are you serious, Emmett, this isn't something to joke about!" - Dad warned him.

"I would never joke about it, dad." - He replied, looking astonished. And yes, no one would ever joke about it. Dreams were not something we took lightly. Specially mate dreams!

"Who are they?" - Daddy asked from my seat. He was still by my side.

"I don't know." - He replied in a sad tone.

"Sorry son, that doesn't count!" - Dad said and I exhaled. I was so relieved I was shaking.

"What do you mean, dad?" - Emmett was shook by dad's response. Daddy left me and went back to his seat next to his mate.

"Son, unless they are in front of me, it doesn't count. Of course not, dreams don't count! It wasn't until Felix forced me to come out that my life started. At last!" - Dad blurted.

"Hey, I din't force you! I gave you a choice, it's not like I outed you!" - Daddy rebuked, annoyed. They were so adorable together.

"Don't remind me of the dream soap opera, Dan. It was months before your father told us he had dreamed about a boy. Our parents were losing their minds not knowing who it was." - Aunt Denise chimed in. Dad glared at her.

"So, this person who you dreamed about is..." - Daddy started. But we all got what he wanted to know.

"I know what your asking, daddy. Sorry, she's a girl." - Emmett said with a relieved sigh. I laughed. No surprises there. If there's a straight guy I know, it's my brother. He may not have had sex yet, supposedly, but he probably already kissed half the school girl's population.

"But something strange happened in the dream." - He started as he frowned.

"What? Did she take your virginity?" - I snickered. He was not happy about that.

"Fuck you, Rosalyn!" - He spat at me. - "You're the biggest virgin I know!"

"Emmett, language! Rosalyn, leave your brother alone!" - Daddy scolded us.

"Tell us, son." - Dad was curious.

"So, in the dream, we were playing sports but when we left for the locker room..."

"I see where this is going!" - Aunt Denise snickered. But dad was not laughing.

"Denise, shush! Continue, son!" - Dad silenced her. He was at the edge of his seat.

"When we entered, she followed us inside. Me and the rest of the boys. But she didn't do anything. And they just teased her about it." - Emmett spoke in a somber tone.

"Oh my Goddess!" - Daddy shouted.

"Wait, do you know who she is?" - Dad asked him looking surprised.

"No, I don't know who she is! I haven't been to a school since the last p.t.a. meeting!" - Daddy snickered.