Chapter 24: Say My Name

Emmett

"It's actually better than expected. That is until your daughter said I wound't shut up about her since I met Sam at the fair!" - I told my dads at dinner, since daddy asked me how it was my first day with her.

"It was the truth! I was trying to avoid her seeing him just as an ally. I was trying to avoid she friend zones him." - Rosalyn defended herself. She sounded sincere.

"I mean, she did said she was moving to New York right after graduation." - Rosalyn continued.

"She did? Oh fuck!" - Daddy gasped.

"She did, but I'm sure she can be persuaded to change her mind. You did, right daddy?" - I asked him, in hope of a good answer.

"Yes, I did. But I've never planned that far ahead. Not like her." - Daddy disappointed me. That's not what I wanted to hear.

"Anyway, at least you're on her radar, so well done brother!" - Rosalyn cheered me on.

OK, here's something I didn't exactly expect. For the last month or so, ever since I've met my mate at the fair, Rosalyn did a complete 180 and began being nice to me! I mean, she was never exactly nice. But at least normal. She didn't throw any tantrums at every time we mentioned ascension, or Alpha, or my mate at all. It's like she moved on from it, all of the sudden!

Which of course, I find it incredibly mature of her part. She knows she's lost, so she accepted it!

At least, we don't have to be at each other's throats all the time about it, which was nice.

Actually, when you think about it, she did said some nice things at the table today to Sam. So... I'm impressed!

"Thanks, sister, I also appreciate everything you said to her today. I mean, before..."

"I know! And you're welcomed! I want you to be happy, I really do! And I'd like to think you'd do the same for me." - She spoke with affection in her voice. I melted. She is my only sister after all. Dads just looked at the scene gobsmacked. They too have noticed her change in mood.

"Rosalyn, you look so different from like a month ago, I almost had your aunt examine you!" - Dad observed in awe.

"Thanks, dad. It was a real mature moment for me when I've accepted the Goddess' decision. But I can't be mad about it! Or take it out on my idiot brother! All I can do is to move on the best way I can!" - Rosalyn stated. Everyone admired her disposition.

"Good for you, Rosalyn. Plus, you still have my nephew for whatever time you have left with him. Here's a sentence I never thought I'd say!" - Daddy smirked.

"I do, daddy. He's been a Goddess sent trough all this, which is nice!" - Rosalyn swooned, her voice was soft.

I giggled at her choice of words.

"Which is ironic, since he's everything but..." - I croaked, but got interrupted.

"I know, idiot! Go plan your trip to New York cause that's where your mate will be!" - Rosalyn jabbed at me.

"And... she's back!" - Dad snickered.

Not even that snarky response knocked me off my pedestal. I was glad just to have been able to talk to her. In fact, I'm way more advanced than I thought I'd be at this point, to be honest.

Point one, Goddess. I slept happily tonight.

Next morning, I couldn't wait to see her again. There are 2 school buses that stops by the compound to pick up the children of the pack. As the territory was a massive land with lots of houses where wolf families lived in, all the children left to school together in these buses.