Chapter 10: Apologize

Rosalyn

It was everything I thought it would be.

I confess, I was nervous about it. When I decided to take my (doomed) relationship with John to the next step, I did so with a few reservations and after a lot of thought.

Of course, I wanted to save myself for my mate. I'm a romantic deep down. But the reality of it was there's no one I rather take this step with. Sure, I only think that cause I haven't met my elusive mate, I know it. But my point is: he's not here!

And not only that, he's not coming any time soon. The reality of it all was: my brother will ascend. I don't like this situation, I don't agree with it, but it is what is.

If the Goddess wanted me to be Alpha she would give me a dream about him. At least then, I'd hope. But no, I'm forced to watch my brother goes through it. It's not easy for me, not at all!

But again, that is the reality that I'm in. So you know what, fuck it. Like my aunt Daph once said: do it with someone who makes you feel safe and when you want to. So I did. And it was wonderful, it was everything I dreamed of!

He was so respectful, so honorable, so careful with me and it was his first time too. Probably a lot of guys would go wham and bam! But not him, he made sure I enjoyed it too. He respected my body. There's nothing more I could've asked.

Which brings me to now: I have 2 rogues in front of me, John is finishing his shift into wolf and I didn't even have time to put my shirt on. Thank Goddess I was already in underwear and bra.

The rogues snarled at us. They know we're werewolves. I mean, John was obvious but they know about me too since the scent is unmistakable.

They barked at us. John is already salivating he was so defensive of me.

One of the wolves darts in my direction but John intercepts it. John's wolf was almost rabid. He bit the wolf and harmed its body a little. It got angry, so it attacked him with its paws.

I was wincing for John when a paw hit his fur. But that only makes him more angry. He opened his mouth and bared his teeth at it. It did the same to him.

When it barked at John, he attacked it with everything he got. He stuck its canines deep in the wolf it cried. John didn't stop biting till the rogue was dead beneath him.

The second wolf snarled loudly. It lunged at me, but John comes and bites him in the back side, making it wince. John's wolf pulled the rogue away from me with its mouth.

The rogue defended itself with its paws and knocked John down. He winced. So did I at the scene.

The rogue attacked John, but by the time he reached him, 2 warriors knocked him out of the way. They took turns biting it, so it didn't stand a chance. Not against 2 pack warriors.

As I watched it happening, John's wolf came to my side, looking a little defeated, its mouth was still full of the first one's blood. I took this time and got dressed as fast as I could. As the danger was eliminated, John shifted back into human.

When I looked at his face, he looked worried as if he had failed me. But I made sure he looked at me when I said:

"It's okay. You did well. We're safe!" - I kissed him in the cheek and told him to get dressed.

I wanted to keep our relationship a secret, and have managed it for so long.

But now there's no escaping the Alpha and his rage. I needed to brace for impact.

Later, at the pack house, Denise barged into dad's office. He's there with uncle Nate and both get startled by her intrusion.

"Denise, a knock is courtesy!" - Dad exclaimed at her, still a little shaken.