Chapter 18: Right Here Waiting

Emmett

After an excruciating long wait, it's Friday morning!

As I got ready for breakfast, I was radiant with the opportunity later on. Granddad's last day of work was today, so they were throwing him an office party down at the police station. If anything, it's a nice opportunity to see him say goodbye to his job of 20 years or so. I mean, he's been in the police for more than 30, bust spent the last 20 here as Rutherford Falls' Chief of Police, which is why daddy and aunt Daphne came to be here in the first place.

If they haven't, dad wouldn't have met his mate, couldn't have ascended and I wouldn't be here, getting ready to meet my mate for the first time. I mean, it could not be her. But come on, a part from what happened to my sister earlier this week, dreams are foreshadowing for werewolves.

If a werewolf dreams with something out of the ordinary, we pay attention. Plus, it's the only way the Moon Goddess communicates her wishes to us mortals. Like who is your mate, for example. I mean, she gets to pick them, so it's only fair she announces them too.

"Is your... cousin gonna come too?" - I asked Rosalyn, as I devour my pancakes. We're all at the dining hall having breakfast.

"He is your cousin too! And yes, he will. It's his granddad too, you know?" - Rosalyn snickered.

"We are all gonna be there for my dad, including my sister's family." - Daddy stated, cheerfully.

"Great! I want everyone to meet my mate too!" - I said, excitedly.

"Emm, just don't forget she doesn't know she is your mate. You can't do like your aunt Denise and kiss uncle Tony at our wedding and be done with it!" - Dad smirked.

"I scented him first, I am not an animal!" - Aunt Denise snickered.

"I know, dad. Gosh, I'm starting to feel for uncle Nate. The trouble he went through with aunt Daphne. I mean, he even got arrested. Why was he arrested, by the way?" - I asked dad, curiously.

"My dad found out they slept together and since she was 17 and he was 18 at the time, he arrested Nate. But you can't be arrested for sex with a seventeen year old. That's why we call the age of consent. Not like..." - Daddy shoots a glance at Rosalyn. She gets pissed.

"Oh my Goddess! He's as tall as Emmett! He doesn't look like a 15 year old!" - She yelled, angrily.

"Yeah, but he still is." - Daddy quietly rebuked. She looked angry at him.

"Wait, I wonder how old she is!" - I wondered.

"She's 17. Completed last December." - Daddy informed me.

"Goddess! Is there anything you don't know about your son's mate?" - Rosalyn questioned, sour.

"There's plenty, but that's easy to find out!" - Daddy replied, not losing his cool.

"Thanks, daddy. I hope you continue to live with us for a long time after I ascend." - I told him. He melted.

"Of course, I will. But not so much in the pack house! Daddy needs a suite. But we'll be close by if you need us. Plus, there are months of Luna training. Even beyond your ascension. I mean, your abuela was relentless! I may have a degree in pack law and don't know about it." - He snickered.

"Barf! They train the Luna better than the stupid Alpha!" - Rosalyn jabbed, displeasure dripping from her tone.

"Excuse me, young lady. I've trained for 18 years before I've ascended! Felix started his like a month before my birthday!" - Dad barked. He did not like the implication at all.