Chapter 13: Love on the Brain

Rosalyn

In the next morning, daddy 'kidnapped' me before breakfast and took me to his sister's house.

After he knocked on the door, aunt Daphne was shocked to see us there. She asked him what we wanted but he just said he needed to talk to John, who wasn't awake yet. He looked serious, so he had uncle Nate wake him up. When he showed up, he looked baffled to see us, but intrigued.

"Good morning, nephew. Take a coffee, you need to be awake for this." - He stated.

His sister and brother in law looked at him confused, but then again, so was I.

When John took a sip of his coffee, daddy began talking.

"John, please pay attention to everything I'm about to tell you as I'm not gonna repeat myself. You too, Rosalyn!" - He started. John just looked peeked.

"You may see my daughter under the following conditions: 1) You either see her at the pack house or here if an adult is present at all times. 2) If you guys want to go on a ride or to the Falls or whatever, a warrior will have to accompany you at all times."

"3) Neither one of you are allowed to be alone with each other in any of the houses, especially in a bedroom. 4) If you break any of these rules, or if you take my daughter out without my knowledge or without a warrior present you'll lose these privileges FOREVER."

"Did you understand everything I said?" - Daddy continued.

"Yes I did, uncle." - John replied.

"Good. Rosalyn, you may have breakfast here with your aunt and uncle before warrior practice. OK?" - Dad said, looking at me.

"Okay, daddy." - I answered, smiling.

"Nice to see you guys." - He said goodbye and left. We were all floored.

I held John for the longest of times. We just took each other's scents.

"And just so you'd know, there's no place you can take her that I won't know about it!" - Uncle Nate smirked.

"Yes dad, it's pretty clear. You're the oracle of the pack. Don't need to rub it in!" - John snickered.

"I've never seen my brother like this. How did you convince him?" - Aunt Daphne asked.

"You should have seen daddy yesterday, aunt Daphne, he was possessed. He gave a speech about freedom of love and equality. He even quoted Voltaire." - I boasted. I was in awe of him.

"Who is Voltaire?" - John asked. I flipped.

"Oh my Goddess! We're through! We're over! You don't know who Voltaire is?" - I teased him.

"I'm only a freshman, you know. I'm sure I'll learn!" - He croaked.

"Ugh, don't remind me. Dad already made me feel like a pervert for... you know." - I confessed in a dark tone as I took my coffee.

"He shouldn't have done that, Rosalyn, no one should. I mean, I don't agree with it either." - Aunt Daphne stated.

"Mom!"- John cried out.

"But no one should make you feel inferior without your consent!" - She continued.

"That's Eleanor Roosevelt, John. Do you know who she is?" - I smirked. He did not look happy.

"Thanks, aunt Daphne, can I just say: you were fearless that day, the way you took dad down. No one have the balls to do that in this entire town. No offense, uncle." - I admired her. A lot.

"Some taken, niece. Not gonna lie. But I take your point, my mate is fearless, specially if you mess with her puppy." - Uncle Nate looked proud as he kissed her on the cheek.