Chapter 28: I Knew You Were Trouble | Nothing Else Matters

Sam

After that weird dream yesterday, I tried to put it out of my mind as I've spent the day with my family. But that's easier said than done! Especially after that freak all but declared himself to me. I mean, who does that? After knowing each other for a week? A week!?!

Does he have some sort of fetish? Or maybe he's one of those closet types. You know, who can't assume his gay identity and date a girl like me so to try to pass as straight. I mean, let's be honest. I'm not exactly the straight boy dream girl. Not yet, anyway!

It was hell to convince my small town parents to respect my gender identity. It was even more hell to get them to buy me the appropriate clothes and make up. But I haven't started hormone therapy yet. I tried, but there's no convincing them. So I had to wait until I was 18 to do it legally. But I tried my best to present myself as the strong girl that I am.

And I am confident in my femininity. I'm just not stupid. There's no way that straight out of a cover of a teen magazine, handsome 'straight' boy likes me for me. Come on! I stopped believing in fairy tales when I realized I didn't look like the princesses.

MONDAY, I go about my day when I arrived at school. I see the same wide smile looking at me, but I pass it right by. I don't give him the time of day. At all. I had lunch alone. Though I saw him stealing glances of me from his table.

TUESDAY, I do the same. I knew I had to face P. E. so I did the same thing I did last week to create the courage to face the showers. I mean, eventually they have to stop teasing me about it.

However, I couldn't keep myself from stealing a glance of him. I mean, I'm only human!

It's not because I'm on a diet that I can't look at the buffet.

And what an amazing buffet it is! His body looked sculpted by the gods. He's tanned, obviously, as he's latino. Actually, he was tanned all over. His chest was wide. His abdomen was ripped like he never missed a day at the gym in his whole life!

And that ass! Damn, boy! There's a lot of junk inside that trunk. Excuse the dated reference.

I'm not going to comment on the front part as I'm not a size queen. But let's just say it fit the bill for a guy his size. I mean, he is at least 6 foot tall.

I nearly drooled. Actually, scratch that, I nearly had an "accident" at the locker room. That's the last thing I need, for the boys to think I'm attracted to any of them.

But still, I said not a word to him. And neither did he. All week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

We just passed each other by, he was always smiling at me and I never gave him anything.

Until I couldn't anymore! I mean, try as I may, I couldn't shake that Saturday conversation out of my mind! And I really tried! I did, but I just couldn't! I had to talk to him, at least to try to make sense of it all.

FRIDAY, I marched to his table at lunch, stopped by his side and asked him point blank:

"Are you gay?" - He spat his food. His friends and family all looked at me in shock but I didn't care.

"Not that I'm aware of." - He answered, after he took a sip of his juice.

"Are you sure? Not even a little? Or Bi? Maybe pan?" - I insisted, pacing.

"No, I'm positive! I'm 100% straight. It was very disappointing to my dads!" - He replied, looking serious. I held back a giggle.

"Then why me?" - I questioned him, looking mad.

"I don't know. I just like you, I guess." - He replied, sounding sincere.

"I mean, are you sure? You do know I'm..." - I trailed off for a second.