Chapter 26: Desire | Night Fever

Rosalyn

"What?!" - Emmett shouted at me. He was gobsmacked.

"Yes, Sam went to the falls, found us with the warrior. We tried to tell her the truth. It ended up so ridiculous, we then told her another truth. Then we spent an hour talking. It was awesome!" - I boasted.

"How did you not text to tell me?" - Emmett whined.

"How were we supposed to text you from the falls? Plus, we were having so much fun we even forgot that you existed!" - I snickered.

"Bitch!" - Emmett cursed.

"Emmett, don't call your sister a bitch!" - Daddy reprimanded him.

"But you call your sister bitch all the time!" - He rebuked.

"Yes, but it has a different meaning when I say it!" - Daddy retorted.

"Why? Because you're gay?" - He questioned, looking pissed.

"No! Because I don't use it as an offensive term! And that's final!" - Daddy shouted.

There was a brief silence after that. Then...

"So, nephew, did you have fun?" - Dad asked John.

"I did, uncle. It was the best! Sam's hilarious! She told us some stories about when she started transitioning. I like her!" - John told him with a smile.

"Traitor!" - Emmett mumbled. He sounded and looked angry.

"I'm sorry, Emm, I forgot to tell you. We're caught off guard, by the time we felt comfortable, I din't think to grab my phone. We completely lost track of time!" - John explained in an apologetic tone.

We were having dinner after we got back from the falls. As soon as I told my brother that his mate was there with us, he flipped off. I felt bad for him, but when were we supposed to text him? We're too busy having fun ourselves!

"First, we tried to say that the warrior was there to protect Rosalyn from wolves. You should've seen her face when we said that. We might as well have said unicorns. She didn't believe us at all!" - John laughed as he talked. He had the most adorable laughter.

"No, but the best part was when she asked: how is he gonna defend us from the wolves if he's not even armed?" - I cracked up. I laughed so hard remembering it.

"So, if she didn't believe you about the wolves. How did you convince her about the warrior?" - Daddy asked us, curious.

"We told her the truth. We had unmated sex. Our parents found out and dad hired a chaperone for me." - I answered, looking at daddy.

"I mean, we didn't say unmated. Obviously!" - John noted, awkwardly.

"Great! That means the chaperone is working! And he'll continue working until either one of you are mated!" - Daddy snickered. He even raised a glass to us.

"I can't believe I could have spent an hour with my mate and I missed it!" - Emm whined.

"You should get out more, brother, enjoy your life! It's the weekend. You should be out with your mate!" - I told him.

"Thanks, sister. I would if I could!" - He glared daggers at me.

"So, what you crazy kids are up to this Saturday night? You know, if you take the warrior at night, I have to pay extra!" - Dad smirked.

"He's right, actually!" - Uncle Tony chimed in. He was the pack's accountant.

"I know, uncle. I'm not gonna leave the compound at night. Were would we go? We're just gonna enjoy our night quietly. Like old people!" - I snickered.