Chapter 21: Physical | Confident

Rosalyn

There's no avoiding the issue!

I knew once we got word Emmett's mate would be at the county fair, he'd meet her. I mean, unless the town was struck by a meteor, there was no way he wouldn't find her!

But then, this. In a scene straight out of a movie, his mate takes a seat at the only available spot right in front of him! Goddess, could you be any more romantic comedy than this?

Fuck! I half expected him to have to introduce himself out of the blue in a crowd of thousands but no, he gets her gift wrapped like a present. Even though he shot his mouth a little, let's be honest, who wouldn't? He did managed to leave her with a good impression of him. Fuck!

Even 2 days later at breakfast, Emmett still had a smile so big you'd think he lost his virginity.

"So, son, did you like her?" - Daddy asked him as we ate.

"I loved her. She was so quick, so sassy, so strong. She was everything I imagined and more!" - He was quick to answer, beaming.

"Good to know. I hope you can follow up with her when school starts again." - Daddy told him, with a hopeful gaze.

"Oh, I certainly am! Can't wait!" - He replied, sounding as excited as Christmas' morning.

"Rosalyn, are you okay? After the dreams, you know?" - Daddy asked me, worriedly.

"I'm more conformed than okay. It is what is. It can't be stopped. I  just hope I don't get more of this tortuous nightmares. I mean, I've already ascended, mated and gave birth. What more can a girl dream? Win the Alpha challenge?" - I snickered.

"Speaking of which, how is the proposal coming along?" - Daddy asked dad.

"It's nearly ready. It'll go out today to the entire pack." - Dad answered with a serious look.

"That's good! I can't wait to read it." - Daddy replied, cheerfully.

"Me too!" - I spoke. So did Emmett.

"Good morning, everyone." - Uncle Nate entered the dining hall, smiling. - "I understand someone met their mate this weekend? Congratulations, nephew, the happiest day of my life was the day I met Daphne. Apart from the birth of my sons, of course!" - Uncle Nate told him.

As he entered, the warriors stood up, greeted him and sat back down. The rest of us just replied with 'good morning'.

I was nearly drooling with jealousy of Emm. I wanted that too. Desperately!

"Thanks, uncle. It really was the best day of my life so far!" - He boasted. He could not stop smiling. I couldn't even blame him.

"Excuse me, guys." - I said and took my leave from the table.

I could sense everyone's gaze at me as I leave. But I couldn't fake it. I was miserable!

When we turned 17, me and my brother were under the impression that we both would have a fair shot at Alpha as it was in the hands of the Goddess. And so we have being circulating around town to be found and expecting to happen to us both. We also knew we could dream about them.

It's not something new or surprising. We've expected it. As countless of other ascending Alphas do.

It's a privilege the Moon Goddess bestow upon the lineage of all Alphas. Mostly. It wasn't guaranteed as well. As Alpha Casper would tell you, he basically met his mate on a mating season trip. Which is when ally packs travel around the State with unmated wolves to look around for potential pairings. And it worked for him and for my parent's friend Mike who got mated to a warrior from the Blood Moon pack, who is now their Delta. And so many more.

The Twins' Dilemma (Werewolf Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara