Chapter 47: Locked Out Of Heaven

Emmett

So, that was a bust!

I mean, aside from the part where I met Sam in the crowd, showed her my pitch black eyes and told her MATE. That was fun. And totally worth the wait.

Also, let's not forget my best friend found his mate. That's nice too. He so deserved it!

Since she's a minor, he had to negotiate a deal with her parents so that she doesn't miss school, in which Paul would keep her until Sunday. And returned her Sunday night at the latest. And he would be allowed to pick her up every Friday night. Since she's still in school like the rest of us, it's not actually a bad deal.

Beside, the Blood Moon pack is 3 hours away from here, so it's not that long of a drive. It just sucked that he only had one night with his mate, since today is Sunday. But hey, I'm pretty sure he's grinning from ear to ear, so it's all good!

I wake up next to Sam, as I did most weekends. That's great, especially now that she's officially my mate. I'm so happy!

"Good morning, mate. How did you sleep?" - I asked with a gleeful voice.

"I would've slept better in Felix's bed." - She snickered and I swooned.

"You're so right! Dads have the best bed out of all the pack house!" - I replied, enthusiastically.

"I know! He showed it to me. It's part of my training." - She smirked.

"Unfortunately, since we're not Alpha and Luna, they don't have to wait for us yet. So if we don't leave now, there'll be no breakfast left for us!" - I joked. Sort of. Not really.

"Let's go!" - She said and got up from the bed. I followed suit.

At breakfast, everyone was reeling from the day before. However, you couldn't find 2 guys more happy with themselves than Paul and John, though their reasons are *quite* different.

"Good morning, everyone." - I greeted them as I entered and take my seat. So does Sam, next to me.

"Morning, son. Did you sleep well?" - Dad asked me while he ate some pancakes.

"I did dad, thanks. But not nearly as well as Paul over there!" - I teased, looking and pointing at him.

"You can take your mind out of the gutter, we just talked! My mate wants to wait til 18 to be marked." - Paul stated, though his face didn't say 'talk' exactly. And I've known him since I could walk.

"John, you need to tell me your secret! What is your connection to the Goddess that your girlfriend can't seem to get mated at all? Did you sacrifice a chicken or something?" - Sam joked as she ate.

John laughed. So did Rosalyn. So did Paul's mate, who's having breakfast with us as she slept at the pack house with him.

"I can promise you Sam it's nothing of the sort! I would never keep her from being mated! But the Goddess seems to be picky about the special mate." - John smirked. He's glowing with happiness over this.

"Tell me about it! I was half expecting it to be Christina at this point!" - Rosalyn joked. Probably.

Christina got wide eyed. Paul gasped.

"Well, you can take your eyes off my mate! I didn't wait 18 years to lose her to a girl! No offense." - Paul snickered.

He looked radiant. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he completed the bond last night. But he didn't, it's not something you can hide. Even if you don't show it in your neck, one can smell a fresh mate mark. One of us, of course.