Chapter 14: Anyone else but you

John

I was on cloud nine. After I thought I'd never be allowed to see the one I love alone again, I was thrilled to get another chance however limited it might be.

I mean, come on! I'm a fifteen years old boy. I never thought I'd get away with half the things we did. So, whatever happens next it's a bonus. Plus, it's not like I'm a 'normal' teenager. Like I said before, there's not much expectation of intimacy between unmated werewolves.

Not as a minor, anyway. Of course, when some people don't find their mates at 18, no one is stopping them from playing the field, especially with humans. But that it's not my case.

And with Rosalyn's fateful mate lurking around the corner, I have to make everyday count.

As we entered the last month of Summer, I was on my best behavior. I trained every single day like I'm supposed to, I helped my parents watch over Matt, I even helped around the house!

I mean, they were just about to check me to see if I wasn't body swapped by aliens.

Emmett didn't talk to me much, but at least he's back to normal. I mean, we didn't talk that much before either. So, you know...

Like I said, things were normal again, except that I had parents hovering over Rosalyn and I every time we're alone together.

But that is to be expected. I just missed being alone with her, but not for the reasons one might think. I actually love to talk to her and just goof around.

As we had to face our fears, I arranged for Rosalyn and I to go back to the waterfalls. We haven't been over there ever since THAT day.

With a warrior escort of course, Goddess knows I wasn't about to lose the only ally I had. Not to mention dad sees everything as we're forced to accept, so it's not like I can fool the Beta. Honestly, I don't know how uncle Dan did it on his time. And he dated the Beta's daughter!

I even tried to get the warrior to use a headphone, so we have some privacy but he told me it was against his training as he needed to be alert for sounds, which I got it, of course. I mean, can you imagine what would happen to him if anything harmed the Alpha's daughter on his watch?

Not that I would ever allow it to happen, but let's just say you don't wanna face off the Alpha. He literally buried more than 20 warriors from challenges over the years, more than any other Alpha before him!

So, we sat close together and whispered talked.

"I missed us." - I started in a whisper to her ear.

"Me too, you have no idea!" - She whispered back to me, sounding anxious.

"Oh I have a pretty good idea! Though I'm too young to be mated, it seems that everything I'm supposed to feel for a mate I feel for you!" - I confessed.

"Yeah, me too! It's uncanny! I didn't think you picked up on that! But I feel the exact same way!" - She agreed enthusiastically. I smiled widely.

"Oh Goddess! Do you think the reason you can't find your mate it's because we're in too deep?" - I pondered, very frightened.

"If that were true no teenage werewolf would be mated! I mean, we're not any more into each other than dad was with Luna Lauren. And they thought they're mates!" - She replied calmly, which makes me sigh in relief.

"That does make sense. It's just that if I'd have anything to do with you not getting your mate and ascend, I'd never forgive myself!" - I spoke with a concerned tone.

"You're so adorable! I love you!" - She said and then kissed me.

I melted. I just couldn't fathom me loving anyone else but her for the rest of my life! And I know it's silly for a 15 years old to say. But I can't help it. I love her with every fiber of my being!