Chapter 44: Boys

Sam

"Wait, he said you get a special mate? What is that?" - I asked, looking very confused at Rosalyn.

When Emm texted me the news, I was lost. And here I thought I knew everything there is to know about this stuff. How wrong I was... I know nothing!

Things are going great with my Luna training. I even told my parents that I was thinking about staying here in town after high school. They were a little worried about me, but I told them I was happy. Plus, I started my hormone replacement therapy, so I was good for the foreseeable future.

And I was devastated when I heard about Rosalyn's 'no mate' situation. She has done nothing but treat me nice and fairly throughout this whole time, being there for us, supporting me. All of them were! And I missed her at school. Not to mention John was miserable without her here! I don't know how he's going to cope without her, to be honest. I'm worried for him.

"No one knows, but dad said the same rules still apply. It can'be anyone older she's met since 17. It can'be her blood and..." - Emmett trailed off for a second, looking at John.

"I know, Emmett. Relax. It's not like I wasn't aware!" - John told him. He looked sad, but conformed.

"Too bad, I thought the Goddess would give me another chance with Rosalyn, once Emm told me." - Paul joked. He laughed but John didn't like the insinuation.

John's eyes darkened to the tone of pitch black. It startled us, but I got freaked out.

"What the fuck is that?" - I gasped, looking at John frightened.

"Wait! She doesn't know about the eyes? Didn't you two already..." - Rosalyn trailed off looking at Emm suspiciously.

"Yes, but I closed my eyes so I wouldn't freak her out. Like now!" - Emm explained, raising his voice.

"John, it's just a joke! You need to chill, man! You know you can't actually hurt her mate, right? It's an automatic expulsion from the pack. Or worse!" - Paul scolded him. He looked very serious, but not scared. None of them were.

"Yes I know, Paul! I wasn't born yesterday! But you are NOT her mate!" - John looked at him angrily, but his eyes turned back to normal.

"OK, can someone please catch me up? Why am I the only one freaking out?" - I exclaimed, deeply distraught.

"If you hurt someone's mate, you can get..."

"I know that! Thank you very much, I'm not new! I meant the eyes!" - I interrupted Rosalyn, I was mad.

"So, the eyes signal the presence of your wolf inside you. The darker they are, the more it is in control of yourself. That's why when we meet our mate, our eyes turn black because the wolf scents them and it drives us crazy to be near them." - Emmett informed me.

"But your eyes weren't black when you met me!" - I rebuked.

"Yes, it's because I'm not 18 yet. So it can't claim you officially as my mate." - He argued.

"Claim me? No one is claiming me!" - I sassed him.

"It's a figure of speech. We still need consent, you know? We're not cavemen!" - He snickered. I laughed.

"Also, your eyes can turn dark when you experience deep emotions, like anger or excitement. That's why I thought you had already seen Emmett's eyes when you two..." - Rosalyn trailed off. But her look was very suggestive.

"Did you tell her?" - I looked at Emmett puzzled.

"No, I did not! I didn't tell anyone except Paul. But she could smell it when we were in my room, unfortunately!" - Emmett told me, embarrassed. So was I. Not that we had anything to be embarrassed about.