Chapter 15: Oh Father!

Emmett

When a white boy breaks out the spanish, it's bad news! Sorry daddy, but we all knew it!

At 17, you know your parents pretty well. You know what sets them off, you know which parent to ask for any specific thing. You know when they're in a good mood and who to run to ask for help in case of an emergency or simply if you fucked up.

It comes with being raised by them, the close proximity, the living together. You have them both wired! Like John just said, he knew which parent to ask for my sister's hand. Though that's an easy one.

So of course, both my sister and I knew that when daddy started speaking spanish, brace yourself! It's never good!

He always used to tell us the worst news in foreign tongue so it would soften the blow. It didn't. Just made us beware of the spanish language as it comes with shocking news from your grandparents moving out of the pack house to someone had died.

With that being said, I could never have prepared myself for what he was about to say. Not in a million years! I also don't know how uncle Nate knew about it, but that's beside the point.

"Son, I know who your mate is!" - Daddy told me, serious as a heart attack.

"What?! How can you possibly know?" - I asked him, looking as shocked as ever.

Rosalyn was livid.

"Traitor! How can you do this to me?!" - She yelled. She cried, so John comforted her.

"I'm sorry! I can't keep this a secret from my son! I would do the same for you if I could!" - Daddy apologized. Though, if you ask me, he had nothing to apologize for.

But Rosalyn looked inconsolable. I'd feel for her, but I'm too excited to care. I've been waiting almost a month to know anything about my mate's identity.

"Daddy, please tell me now!" - I demanded. I was desperately eager to know about her.

"You know your grandfather is retiring, right?" - He replied, looking at me.

"Oh my Goddess!" - Rosalyn yelled. - "She's the daughter of the new Chief of Police!"

We all nearly fell from our chairs we're so shocked. I mean, who saw it coming?

I'm mated to the daughter of the Police Chief just like my uncle (and dad)!? What the actual fuck!

"Yes, Rosalyn, damn girl! Way to steal my thunder!" - Daddy snickered.

"Dan, this is the part when you say the Goddess must be punishing you to mate your son with the Chief of Police's daughter." - Aunt Denise joked. Or at least I think she's joking, I can't tell!

"Good one, little sister. Felix, how did you find out?" - Dad asked him. I'm curious too. We all are.

"When I got the invitation to my father's retirement party next Friday, I also got the news about who'd replace him. And in his bio said: Police Chief Morton Cole moves to Rutherford Falls with his wife Dolores and 2 daughters Samantha and Samara. When I read the name, I clicked with what Emm had told us about his mate, so I did a quick search and found her social media. I saw what she looked like. It has to be her!" - Daddy explained, proud of himself.

"Oh my Goddess!" - I yelled. I smiled from ear to ear.

"Thank you, daddy!" - I rushed to hug him. I hugged him so tight I might have suffocated him a bit, not that he complained. He basked in my warm embrace.

"Here's a picture of her, Emm." - Daddy took out his phone and showed me her photo on social media.

" - Daddy took out his phone and showed me her photo on social media