19

Nathan

This was a total disaster. The one night I thought I could open up and have a little happiness and this happens. Anger flooded my insides and I wanted to punch something. I was so embarrassed at both of them and the one time I get to Candice, it fell apart. I mean didn't have her but I'll have to try harder to get her to see me, the way I do her.

"EVERYBODY OUT." I yelled at the top of the stairs after putting Gail in my room. I hesitated on doing it at first, but she was drunk and I couldn't just abandon her. The crowd of people struggled to get out like I commanded. Some stumbled over others, as everyone bunched together. I heard a few rants about how it sucked and this was the worst.

"Then get the hell out" I yelled back and everyone silenced.

It took a long time for everyone to leavel, which consequently left behind a huge mess in the hall, cups and random crap on the floor. It was like a freaking junk yard and my parents would bury me if I didn't clean this up. I went back to my room to check on Gail who was now sound asleep and under the thin sheets, snoring pretty hard, it was so nerve wrecking how she didn't do it much, but when it came to that point. I wanted to pull out my hairs. I shook my head, thinking of how the two of them were just going at each other, I just saw blood everywhere. It was really making me sick...

I ran downstairs to the backyard to find a few people still chilling, one I recognized as Phil, an overachiever, not much of a ladies man. The other kicked back in lawn chairs was a girl I recognized from my literature class, my science partner Melanie, who was looking at the same girl, with lust in her eyes. And lastly my brother, Brandon who was now headed my way.

"Look I know what your going to say, but please save me the 'I told you so'" I placed my hands in the air to surrender.

"I-I wasn't going to say anything. I was just gonna tell you that we should get a start on cleaning up." He said in suspicion. Was he expecting a confession? It was really killing me, the way he grilled me up and down.

"Gail's in my bed." I blurted out, taking a deep breath. I felt relieved to let that out, "and before you jump to conclusions." I cut him short. "She got into a fi..." He stopped me with his hand.

"Dude, I know, I saw. I arrived there too late to break it up." He smiled proudly as if he wasn't ready to admit he enjoyed what he saw, two drunken females beating on each other. He was suck a Dick.

"That other black chick was on fire though, and that tight little body of hers could storm at me anytime." He said with a few blinks. "It would have been ever better if they were half nakd, wet..." He daydreamed at the thought. Perv. I rolled my eyes at the fact that he couldn't take the situation seriously enough to stop being an idiot.

He noticed my defeated expression and gripped my shoulders firmly, eyeing me sympathetically.
"Little bro'. Don't take it to the heart. Things happen for a reason and besides, look at it this way. You got a group of good people out there to help you and some fine girls fighting for your ass." He gestured to my classmates standing around each other in discomfort. It was weird thinking of how we barely spoke to one another, yet they dropped whatever they had going on to help me. Meanwhile, my actual friends abandoned me with this mess. Where was Casey when I needed him or Kohl or even Jamison? They were just about themselves. That I knew from the jump, but I never dawned on me how sad it was...

Brandon turned back around, interrupting my thoughts.

"By the way, who was that sweet thang, you were dancing with?" he asked exaggerating the question. His expression marked 'I want to know, I'm curious,' all over it. I smiled at what he said, opting out to answer. I wasn't ready to ratify what I did and didn't have or how I felt. I wasn't even sure if she liked me back after everything that happened today.

"You like her don't you?" He broke the silence when I didn't answer. I remained quiet and just shrugged my shoulders childishly rummaging the closet for a garbage bag. "Oh, you sly dog you." He yelled when he saw right through wall. I laughed when he began to playfully punch my bicep, sharing hard swings and uppercuts that kept me off balance with every hit. "You aren't just having a case of jungle fever right?"

"Hell no!" I gasped when one of them landed in my gut. "Man, your too rough." I frowned, holding my stomach and turning red in pain. He just laughed some more. Knowing that I was slightly weaker than him gave him that advantage. But overall the thought of his words echoed in my head again.

Was it jungle fever? I brushed it off. No way it could be. I saw Candice before her skin. Her personality sucked me in of course and maybe her beautiful skin was an additional plus to it all. I smiled deeply at image of her in my head. I marched away, leaving Brandon whom was satisfied with getting me to admit, even thought I didn't have to say much to make it obvious.

I rushed to the front of my house and took in the light breeze that blew circles around my body, tickling my exposed skin. The sound or crickets chirping in combinations with the dark blue skies, left me with a warm sense of relief.

I needed to hear her voice.