30

Candice

"Hurry up Rey," I yelled at the top of the stairs, almost popping a vein. Rey took forever to get ready, especially when it wasn't a big deal, she just had to put an unnecessary amount of extra work.
She spent the night, even after the Derek dilemma.

When the sun was on the verge of rising, I took the perfect opportunity to get some shut eye, away from Rey, who was unsurprisingly in a terrible mood.
I woke up, routinely, along with Rey, who came downstairs, renewed as if nothing ever went wrong. She had customary sheepish grin, which was a obvious hint for mischief.

"Morning sleepy head," She greeted, gracefully stepping down each step like the queen of England.

"Morning," I greeted dryly with a yaan still nuzzled on the couch. Rey decided, in her good mood, that she would make us all breakfast, including, you know who, and I was impressed that she could mention his name without a sad expression. Did she really recover that quickly?

I heard more footsteps but it sounded nothing like Derek's, it was much more subtle and calmed. It was probably the girl, who didn't seem like she went home last night because when I came downstairs for some rest, I spotted her shoes still at the front door.

It's been a while since someone left their shoes at the door. It was an old golden rule that my mother implemented when she use to stay home more, but after her big promotion, she barely had time to enforce it, so it was tossed to the wind.

Rey cooked an amazing breakfast and we all enjoyed it, including Derek and his, I suppose... new girl? Rey's acting was flawless and the tension in the air went from a potential crime scene, out right insufferable.

"Mm, what smell so good," Derek greeted as he came into the room, with only a white beater and boxers on.

Gross!

"Man, go put on some clothes." I yelled as I shielded my eyes from the view. Everyone laughed softly and he ignored my comment, heading straight for the girl to kissed her and playful tease about how they slept. Ugh, this is not the Derek that I remembered. He was changing so much and I think I preferred the old him more.

We ate quietly and I finished half my breakfast, nervously looking around, while everyone continued to dig in.

"So, uh, what is your name, exactly?" I hear Rey speak next to me. I looked up at the girl, who smiled sweetly and placed her folk down.

"Donna," She said in one breath before picking back up her folk again. Rey eyed her curiously but there was no hate.

"Well, Donna, where did you show up from?" Rey asked firmly, taking another bite of her waffles. Derek, who sat across from me, dropped his folk with a pang! Almost choking on his eggs. Dawn stuttered and turned to him urgently and patted his back.

I turned to Rey and nudged her in the ribs. She hollered before I snatched her arm up and dragged her to the hall, leaving Derek and Dawn in their commotion.

"What is the matter with you?" I whispered angrily.

"What are you talking about?" Rey snatched her arms from me and folded them, "I was eating just fine and making small talk." she looked down.

"Small talk? You call that small talk?" I poked at her shoulder violently.

"What's your problem? Whose side are you on?" She poked back.

"No one," I said intentionally.

"No one? Really?" her arms flew up. She turned on her heels and stormed upstairs, not saying another word.