16

Candice

I hung up the phone, with a stupid smirk on my face and I had to admit, he gave me butterflies. I was starting to like it, a little too much. I had a good night sleep, although it was pretty much morning when I went to sleep. Within those few hours that we've known each other, I was glad we had our exchange in the halls. The conversation was so rich and refreshing. I was starting to feel something for him and I couldn't deny it. There was this heightened attraction between us that spiked a curiosity in me. I knew I was going to tread uncharted waters...

I woke up a few hours later with the vibration of my phone to wake me up. I checked social media first thing, only to see that everyone on my friend's list was writing about this party happening at Nathan's. I ignored it and tossed my phone on the other side of my bed and went back to my pleasant dreams.

I woke up an hour later at 10:15 am. I stretched out my arms and felt a crack in my back. I swung my legs around my bed and walk to my bathroom.

Suddenly, a bright flash beamed, followed by a guitar strum echoing through my bedroom. After a moment, I realized that it was my phone ringing but I walked over to it and picked it up to silence it, although, Rey's number flashing across the screen, I answered quickly.

"Hey, girl!" I greeted sleepily.

"Nothing much, wassup with you?" she asked, suspiciously. I heard music in the background, some dancehall possibly.

"Same here just woke up," I answered walking to the bathroom.

"I called you yesterday, why didn't you pick up?" her voice changed to concern.

"Oh, I, uh, was busy." I lied quickly, trying hard not to blush when the thought of Nathan popped in my head.

"Riggght." She said in sarcasm. She knew that I was lying. "Anywho have you decided if you're going today? I need my partner in crime by my side." She protested.

"I'll go with you." I giggled at her comment and heard her yell and sing with joy in my ears.

"Great. Hun, we are going to look so fine at that party. Guys will drool." Oh my, here we go. "I'll be over there at around 4:30, ok?"

"Ok, what time does this thing start?" She laughed out of the blue.

"8:00, so we'll have time to chill and figure out what we'll wear."

"Sounds good," I agreed. We continued to talk about the day ahead and how many cute guys would be there, more for Rey. I thought of how Nathan would react when he saw me. I knew Rey liked to dress up a lot, even when the occasion wasn't that special. She loved fashion.

I killed time by doing some cleaning and cooked some breakfast. Mom would probably be at work so I made only for me and Derek, who was shockingly at home for once.

"Ay. Little Sis." He greeted as his two long legs trotting down the stairs.

"Hey big bro," I greeted back continuing to turn the eggs.

"Any plans today?" he asked grabbing a piece of toast from the large plate and sat down on the stool at the island.

"Yepp," I answered popping the p. I turn to the sausages frying in the hot oil to make sure they weren't about to burn and then turned to Derek, who was staring at his toast with focus.