26

Candice

A week later after the whole incident, Rey and I did our usual thing. Which consisted of us getting together to hang out at my place, watching cheesy romantic movies and gossip. I painted Rey's fingers in concentration, not a smudge to be made. I had an obsession with perfecting these things.

Right in the middle of the movie, Rey is caught up in the action, her eyes glued to the screen, although we've seen the movie about a million times.

I watched carefully as protagonist kiss one another in passion, reminding me of the kiss Nathan and I shared not too long ago. I don't believe our moment was quite exactly like theirs but it was fairly close...

Out of the nowhere, Rey squeals in aw and turns to me with a fake tear in her eye and her lips pouted.

"Aw, look at the cute little white people kiss." She said in a weak voice. I couldn't help but to giggle at her goofiness. "So! Please tell me, because you know I'm, nosey Rey and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to but..." She babbled.

"Rey get to the point." I said, accidently placing my thumb on the wet nail I just painted. Ugh! She paused and looked down at and laughed.

"Can you tell me what it was like to kiss, white lips?" She whispered in sincerity with a concerned frown on her forehead. It was unexpected but she looked on in anticipation.

"Rey, it's not any different from kissing any other, and beside, with the way you been all over every boy in school, I would have assume you kissed one already." I stated with a serious expression. She ignored my comment and rolled her eyes.

"In a weird analogy, it's like kissing a silk pillow but then the experience is thrilling and exciting at the same time, it's like you don't ever want it to stop." I was completely in daze.

"Ok girl, damn! Don't go all corny on me now, I just wanted to know if it was as good as your face was showing." Rey snatched her hands from mine to clean off the other nail I smudged in my speech. I shook my head and began to remove the nail polish off my fingers tips. We finished the movie in silence and ended the night by sleeping on the couch, my head in Rey's lap and hers on the arm of the couch.

The sound of keys and a door closing stirred me a bit but I didn't get up. I squinted my eyes and laid still, my vision blurry due to the darkness of the living room with the only light source being the dimly lit television still on.

I looked down at the cable box clock making out a neon blue 11:12pm. I rose up from Rey's lap with a sharp pain in my neck that I held my hand to and yawned. The refrigerator light in the kitchen caught my attention and I spotted a shadow moving around slowly by the counter and then there was a second shadow connected to it, both standing still.

I got up and feeling bearish and cranky meanwhile, Rey was still asleep, unaware and undisturbed. Nothing could ever wake that girl. God forbid, if the house caught on fire and we were on a horrible journey to escape, she would still be in her deep sleep, not a worry in the world. I swear she needed help.

I snuck over to the kitchen, careful not to step on the squeaky wooden floors, that got me caught evertime. I studied each pattern deeply and stepped hesitant of whether or not it was a good idea.

Giggles and moans, filled the room and the sound of a female, whimper and a male's laughter caused me to storm into the kitchen and flick on the light angrily. My jaw dropped when I saw Derek and some female, I'd never seen before, half naked and fool around on the counter, with a bunch of snacks surrounding them.

Out of embarrassment, they jumped back and the girl slipped off the counter, falling ass first with a loud thud and scream. Derek rushed to her with his hand immediately around her.
That something I'd never seem him do before. He never cared to touch any of the girls he was with whenever I was around him.

She clutched her back and I caught her stare at me in shock. I had to hand it to Derek though, she was really prettier than any other girl he's brought here. She looked half Asian, half black with small slanted almond eyes, a slim nose, full lips, caramel skin and long loosely curled black hair.

"What the hell is going on here?" I yelled, eyeing them both sitting on the floor still looking at me bewildered.

"Uh, I um" Derek stuttered and his eyes widened to something behind me. I spun around. Greeting Rey, with her hand covering her eyes from the glare of the light. She didn't say anything and her face lacked expression.
She turned around and walked out the room as if she hadn't seen anything and I heard footsteps at the stairs. I ignored her and turned back to Derek and the mysterious girl who was now on her feet and Derek behind her his hands around her waist.

Am I missing something here?

"Well?" I said, looking at Derek for an explanation, forgetting the girl altogether.

"Hi, uh, you must be Candice, I uh..." The girl spoke up in a softly with a distinct accent, I had no clue from where.

I stopped her with my hand.

"Forget it. I don't wanna0 to know anymore. I'm in my room if you need me." I said, in a calm tone, with nothing more to say. I stormed off, leaving the two behind and headed for the stairs to make sure Rey was ok. I know this must've hurt her badly, somehow, to see them together. She had never see Derek with another female before, but she has heard of most of them and I must say, her face was pretty beastly when I spoke about it. Now I can only imagine how she was feeling, after she has saw one for her self.

I didn't know exactly what she felt for my brother but, I believed it wasn't something simple, especially when she blabbered about him, every second of the day. I walked into my room and saw her lying on my bed, her back to me. I slammed my door behind me, just so they can hear downstairs and walked to the bed, to make sure she was comforted.