4.

Candice

It was so boring sitting there, trying to pay attention, especially when I had the view of Jamison in my peripherals. I couldn't deny that he was beginning to grow on me a little, the more I stared. Suddenly, he turns his head and looks back in my direction with a crooked smile.

I retract my statement!

He caught me looking. I immediately shifted my head to face the board where Ms. Singleton went on in further an detail about her syllabus. I tried to keep my attention on Me Singleton, but I somehow managed to sneak a peak of Jamison's head down on the table and his shoulder moving at the corner of my eye. Not too long after, I felt someone tap me on my shoulder lightly.
I didn't want turn but, eventually, they tapped again and I jerked my head to see who it was.

I was greeted by Casey, another fine white boy who sat next to me. He reached out to pass me a note and I whispered a reluctant thank you to him. He offered a cheeky grin and resumed fiddling with his cell.

I really didn't want to give Jamison the satisfaction by reading whatever this was, but I felt deep down that if I ignored it, he would find some other way to harass me. I deliberated for a bit but, quickly realized, that I was over thinking this whole thing. I went to open the slightly wrinkled piece of paper, mumbling the note under my breath.

Hey, cutey! Do you miss me?

If you want a kiss just let me know. Don't pretend like you're not attracted to me.

I crumpled up the paper and restrained from looking at him altogether, off to the front of the room, I heard a small chuckle and kissy noises. Still refused to look. Some of the Jamison fans didn't make it any better, when they decided to join in with his antics by following along with his teasing. There sat there boys surrounding him like a posse; how perfect. They mirrored his behavior by throwing in obnoxious laughter and taunts. Filling Jamison's inflatable ego, in the process.

*Candy wants Jami.

*Candy wants Jami.

*Candy wants Jami.

They chanted relentlessly. If I made a scene, then I would have to not only deal with Jamison and the three stoogies, but additionally, Ms. Singleton; who appeared to have her head on straight this year.

Just ignore! I forcibly instructed myself. Don't fall prey! They're just bunch of immature idiots.

Not too long after, I could rejoice at my efforts because once they saw that I wouldn't give them the time, they ceased their childish games and returned back to Ms. Singleton, including Jamison. I sat through the rest of class, feeling like I would stab myself with my pencil. I kept twirling it around my fingers, working to keep it balanced there for my own amusement

Time flew by after that and I didn't know what happened, but there was a rough nudge on my shoulder and my  head shot up, startled to see Reyna standing over me with giddy eyes.

"Girrrrrl." She Squeals. I didn't know what was happening, so I sleepily smiled with her and extended my arms out in the air to pull my body back for a stretch.

"Wassup?" I asked during the stretch with my voice shaky and strained. She grabbed both my wrists and pulled me out my seat, without warning.

"Rey!!!" I screeched. My brain eventually caught up to my body. We raced out of the classroom and into the halls. Rey dragging me along like a little rag doll.

"I think I found you, your future man." She squealed cheerfully, sending an annoyingly sharp ring to my ear. I looked down from the glare of students passing through the halls that witnessed Rey insanity.