23

Nathan

I was so confused. Just a minute ago, she was running her hand through my hair and making hot circles in my back and moaning and now she gave a look of disappointment and avoided my eyes.

Did I do something wrong?

I was about to pull her to face me and see what was the matter but the door wacked open, revealing a surprised Rey whom stood there, her back turned to us and her arms folded. I didn't know what to say, so I hopped off of Candice almost falling over, I didn't want to make it seem like I was holding her against her will, but then again then again, I was.

Rey didn't waste time to question what was going on. She cut right to the chase, said her piece and sped out the room, not bothering to look back. I felt my cheeks flush at the image that played over in my mind repeatedly. I turned to Candice whom was speechless from what just happened, refused to look at me. I was tempted to take her in my arms and hug it away but I needed to keep my distance for a while. I watched as she marched out of the room and I followed close behind.

We arrived downstairs, striding into the kitchen, to the wonderful smell of pasta in the air. We approached four tall black stools and sat down by a long grey marble island that was set with three plates, folks, napkins and drinking glasses; everything neatly placed next to each other. I was used to laughter and silly conversation that went on in my house compared to now. I really wanted to break the silence but it was so hard to find something to talk about when there was a large elephant in the room.

We cleaned up after a great dinner, packing away dishes calmly. But I couldn't deal with anymore of this quiet game.

"Dinner was great." I said putting a cup back in the open cabinet. I felt both their eyes on me and I avoided it. Candice spoke in agreement and just the sound of her voice gave me the shivers. I turned to look at her and the connection suddenly came in full blast, it was so electrifying.

Rey cleared her throat and we continued to stare into each other eyes. I never knew what it was like to experience such thrill and passion until now...

"Is there something I should know?" I heard Rey say on the side putting down a plate with obvious curiosity in her voice

"I thought you'd never ask?" I replied happily. Rey saved me a huge deal of work.

I've been thinking lately about my intentions with Candice and it became pretty clear to me that I wanted to get to know her better. I sensed this amazing vibe about her and it may sound crazy, but whenever our eyes locked, she exuded something that drew me in even more. On the other hand, I felt like she'd been a little more reserved and in her defense, I couldn't blame her or be mad.

"Oh really and what is it exactly that is going on?" Rey said stepping in-between us.

"Yes, do tell." Candice also butted in, now standing next to Rey. They both stared, interested expressions, eyes digging into my face.

"Well, uh, there's..." I struggled to find words. The two girls still standing there waiting patiently.

"Candice, I really like you." I blurted out. "I want to get to know you. There's something about you that drives me insane and I wonder what it is that draws me too you. I don't know if it's your beautify." I made my way to her, reaching out to graze a hand to her cheek and she turned away blushing. "Or just you the way you look at me or how it feels whenever we touch." I eyed her. "But whatever it is... I'm willing to explore it and get to know you better."

The room fell quiet again but there was solace in the smile Candice offered.
I knew I was whipped the moment we laid eyes on one another, but I didn't give a shit. I just wanted this girl and I hoped she'd felt the same.

"You're too cute." Rey sang, pinching my cheeks, I flinched at her tight grip. "There's no doubt in my mind that she wouldn't say no, but there's just something I gotta to speak with her about, if, you don't mind." She waited for a response and I shook me head,

"No not at all." I said with a shrug, "take all the time you need."

"Good, great, marvelous." She said clapping her hands, pepping up. I've never seen a girl so joyous in my life. Where did she get all her energy?

She spun on her heals and grabbed Candice, along with her, who surprisingly hadn't said a word, since I spoke. It's like that bold, feistiness that she displayed, just decapitated and a fragile little thing, revealed itself.

Candice and Rey disappeared around the corner and I stood patiently waiting for what appeared to be an evaluation. Hearing voices, overlapping and loud whispers I couldn't make out.