24

Candice

I watched in shock as Nathan practically spills out his heart in front of Rey and me with so much confidence. I was lost for words. All I could hear were his words replaying in my head.

I smiled...

Rey decides to interject that she wanted to talk to me and take me away from this incredible human. She pulled me away quickly around the corner, stopping near the staircase almost causing me to stumble onto a step.

"What is your problem?" I hollered, snatching my hand away from her grip, staring daggers into her crazy ass eyes.

"Girl, I shouldn't have to tell you what's going on, for you to realize." She spoke softly but she still caught an attitude, her arms crossed to boot. "He likes you. That's clear enough and I know you feel the same but this is not the time to be all dreamy." She protested shaking her hands in the air like a mad old woman. Why the heck was she getting in my face? It's not like I deliberately told Nathan how I felt anyway. I don't need to be insulted a school.

"Rey I feel nothing for him." I said, hiding the bubbly, jolly feeling that were rushed up inside me.

"That's a fucking lie." She cut me off and snatched up my shoulders. I felt so scared whenever she got rough, because she couldn't control how much she was hurting me. "March your, big ass back in there and tell that boy the truth without hurting his feelings." She commanded, her face serious.

Wait a minute, whose side was she on? I was the victim here and besides, Nathan's a big boy, he could take whatever it is I threw at him. Don't hurt his feelings? I kept forgetting that Rey was a sucker.

I blew air through my nose, folded my arms and sat down on the stairs way too fast. That hurt!

"Babe, I not going to say I told you so in the end, but if you don't get this thing worked out, you'll regret it and then you'll be in another depression." Ugh she sounded like my freaking mother and I hated it, even when she was right...

She marched off, I rolled my eyes and sat there still in a dumfounded state at what Nathan's words. I stood up after a while and walked slowly back into the kitchen, with my head low. Avoiding everyone's glare.

Rey sat at the table with her hands under chin a big smirk on her face, waiting. I didn't want to speak at first.

I looked up to see Nathan confused and quiet. My stomach dropped. My God he looked so fine when he bit his lip. There were no questions or doubt that I was developing feelings for him.

It was so embarrassing when I had little dirty thoughts while we all sat there in silence, probably all thinking of what the hell we were going to do next.

I took another deep breath and looked down again.