41

Nathan

I was trying my hardest for the last few days before the weekend not to be a jerk to anyone and I knew that I would only be hurting myself if I ever tried, but this thing with Phillip was killing me.

My nerves would heighten when he talked about her, I would tense up whenever he described her beauty; but the thing that was the hardest to fight back the most, was the fact that he kept saying those three words that I was beginning to detest hearing him say…

I love her.

After all, Phillip wasn’t such a bad person and if I ever so much as hurt his feelings, I knew I would regret it, but then again, my mind and heart were fighting me on it and it was tempting me constantly to not tell him exactly what was going on.

Contradiction after Contradiction, It was as if, my future depended on it and Candice wasn’t just some girl… I was in love with her as well.

I sat in the lunch room with a sigh. It seemed nearly impossible to believe even for myself but I figure everyone thought something was up, seeing that I sat by myself more often than usual, when I’m wasn't sitting with Candice and to add... I would get evil glares from Gail and her crew.

I haven’t really seen Candice all day and I was becoming too antsy. I was craving her smile and that body I loved to gaze at when she wasn’t looking.

After lunch, I didn’t bother rushing to my last class of the day, Mrs. Bower. That woman gave me uncomfortable chills. I was curious as to how she’d been in school another day, with her outfits getting more and more skimpy every semester. She really tested the water, especially with our principal.

In the past, she arrived to classed 10 minutes late and upon finally showing up, she had on a tight skirt that could most likely scope up to her underwear- not that I was looking- and a blouse with 4 buttons open tracing down to her bra, that was in plain veiw.

All the guys would oogle her in excitement and the girls with cringe, making disgusted faces. During her soft  porn session today, she strutted in her stilettos, playing with the top of both ends of the chalk as if it were a free show for the guys. She talked about the same topic, as usual. Chemical reactions, yaddy yaddy yadda, except, I sat in the far corner at the back texting away.

My phone began to buzz and I saw Casey’s name flash across the screen. ‘Thank God’ I murmured and opened the message.

Casey: Hey man.

I texted back quickly.

Me: What’s up?

Casey: Nothing really… in this boring class, may just fall asleep…

l laugh silently at the text.  Casey was not an average meat head jock who only cared for girls and sports. He was a lot different… loving school more than any teen should and wanted a full education, but that never stopped the ladies, they rained over him even more.

Me: LOL! Dude who’s in your class?

I ask curiously. 

The text took a while longer this time.

Casey: The good ol' crew of course… um, Dawn, your ex, Phillip and pretty miss Candice.

I couldn’t help but to smile and I could combust at any moment.

Casey: Why? You wanted to spy on her? LOL!

Nathan: Maybe, what's she doing?

Another long delay...

Casey: playing with her pencil. Staring into space. Brb...

Faintly, I hear heels click my way, each step clanking louder and more apparent. A throat clears.

Good thing I held my head down to cover my phone, otherwise it was instant detention with Mrs. Bower, which I hated. Need I say more? I played it off perfectly, using my charm to steer Mrs. Bowers away.

The reminder of class was slow as I was extremely impatient when Casey decided to text me the last 15 minutes.

Casey: We were being assigned partners. I got Willoe.

Something pushed me to ask.

Me: Who did Candice get?

Delay!

Casey: Oh Shit! Loser Phil...

How convenient, I thought.

Casey: …

Me: I know I am asking for a bit much here, but is it possible for you to switch partners and pair with her?

I held my breath.

Casey: Sure man, anything for my bro.

I grinned inwardly. Five minutes left of class and I wanted to jump out my seat.

Casey:  hey man, I will see you after I tutor this babe from algebra. Also going to ask Candy if she wants to switch. Keep you posted!

Me: OK man, thanks a million, I owe you big time! Come over for dinner tonight and invite J as well.

I locked my phone and quickly gathered up my belongings. I didn’t even bother to get the books in my hand; I slid them straight into my bag and zipped it up in one swipe. I waited anxiously for the bell to ring and surely two minutes later, on cue, I didn’t waste time jetting out the door. Of course the sound of Mrs. Bower’s voice seductively echoed, calling me back, but I didn’t miss a step; I was far down the halls.

I could hear the sound of sneakers scratching the floor and chatter close behind me… I continued to speed walk to the entrance, only to be stopped by the voice of a high pitched crack.

          “Nathan. Wait!” I could hear Phil at the approaching behind me, hot on my heels as I plunged to exit. I forced myself to halt at the doors, my palms tingling, anticipating the movements to push them open.

"NATHAN!!!" Another shrilled yell. There was no way out.

Shit!