29

Nathan

Saturday morning came in a snap.
My routine consisted of the same thing everyday. Wake up, go to school, avoid Gail, look for Candice and then go home.

It was like I had lost track of my life for a while. My parents didn't seem to be around as much cause of work... My brother was always at some girl's house and my older sister Julie moved out, so she barely came by to visit us. My boys, well lets just say that their lives were a lot more productive than mine and it made me a bit jealous.

I rolled over in my bed and heard my table vibrate at the sound of my phone. I reached over and grabbed it pressing the talk button the minute it hit my ear, greeting whomever it was on the other line.

"Hey man, wassup." It was Casey.

"Nothing much just lying down, what's up?" I greeted back, with a long back tingling stretch.

"Oh, I was wondering if you wanted to come by the shop today. I need a hand and everyone is coming in later. I know you're probably busy, but I need your expertise on this engine I have here." Casey went on about the car he was working on and how he needed to finish up with another car that was being picked up that day. I didn't really bother to think it over. I agreed immediately and told him I would be there soon and he thanked me graciously before hanging up.

I ran into a shower and came out quickly rushing to the closet for some basketball shorts and a hoodie. As desperate as it seemed, I was pretty happy to get out this empty, quiet house. I was tired of staring at the four walls... After my morning jog, I ran out of things to keep my self occupied with. I screwed around with the guitar some more, working on my weaknesses and then watched a bit of TV, checked facebook, pleasured my nether and regions and took a nap.

On my way to the shop, I rode my dirt bike near a Toyota prius, that looked way too familiar and I couldn't help but shake the idea that it could be her in that car. I arrived at the shop 5 minutes later and rolled my bike at the door of the garage and let out the kick stand. I entered greeting Casey with brotherly pound and stepped back to see him working on a the same Toyota Camry, as yesterday.

"What's this man?" I say, gesturing to the car that he stood in front of, he turns and to looks in that direction.

"Oh, this is the car that some chick is picking up. I didn't meet her, but the boss told me that she'll be here. I tried reaching her earlier." I nodded my head in agreement.

"So where's this engine?" I then said, changing the subject, he eyed me curiously. I waited but he didn't move. I folded my arms.

"Man, there's no engine." He joked and began to laugh stupidly, patting the car hood in front of him. My eyebrows meshed together and my face tightened.

"Really?" I question, circling around him to the water cooler that stood in the corner from the last time.
"Sorry, Mrs. J told me how you were always cooped up in the house and needed something to do."

"Wait, so that was your motivation?" I yelled, angrily pushing the blue tab for the water.

"Like I said, I was told by Mrs. J, that you needed to get out the house. You should be happy, you'rer free." he protested throwing his hands in the air and popping the hood of the car.

Just then, there was the sound of an engine roaring and a car pulled up to the garage, coming to a stop. Casey and I looked over to it curiously. From where I stood, I couldn't see the driver clearly in my corner but it was pretty clear on Casey's face that he knew who it was.

I stepped around back to the entrance to sneak a peek. My mouth parted slightly in disbelief