CHAPTER 71: Agreement

It is five o'clock in the morning and two hours left until the end of the night shift. The Emergency Room is empty. Housekeeping finished up a little while ago. The floors and the rest of the department have been cleaned from vomit, excrement and blood. The place are once again shiny and white. In every cubicles, each bed is prepared for the day with a single white and cotton sheet. Each one is pulled tight and flat across a hard, black, plastic mattress.

Everything is quiet. Calm and still except for the nurses and doctors chatting and laughing.

Every part of the Emergency Room is ready for the new shift. In two hours, the day shift nurses and doctors will start to face the busy mode again.

Patients will come, suffocating the waiting room. Ambulances and sirens will roar infront, families will cry, babies will scream, most of the patients will be saved, but some will die.

Again, they will run, rush and do their best to save lives as much as they can. So this kind of moment is really rare and precious to AMC's medical frontliners and to all the ER's staffs. From ER Consultant down to the cleaners and ambulance drivers.

"Yosi break?" Yaya ni Gian at Drake kay Carl pero tumanggi siya. Hindi naman siya pinagbabawalan ni Kara na manigarilyo pero sinusubukan niyang itigil na ito. He is competing with Drew's lifestyle. Ayaw man niyang aminin na nakakakaramdam siya ng pressure, it is so obvious that Drew is making his passive move towards his girlfriend.

You are so annoying dela Vega!

Gigil na gigil si Carl habang nakaupo sa kama at pinagmamasdan ang binata. Drew is having a good time chatting with the female nurses. He may not be flirting with them but one of the nurse is obviously trying to make her move.

"Dok Drew, alam mo ba, patay na patay na tong si Nympha sayo kaya tigilan mo na ang pakikipag-usap mo ng ganyan sa kanya kung ayaw mong kidnapin ka niya." Arylle said, she's really used of being vulgar. Inakbayan niya ang kaibigan niyang namula sa sinabi nito.

"Aray! Bakit ka ba nangungurot? As if naman hindi alam ni Dok dela Vega yun. Eh siya nga lang lagi mong-"

Natigil si Arylle at napabaling sa lalaking umakbay sa kanya. Umirap ito at akmang tatanggalin ang braso ni Drake nang mas hilain siya palapit ng binata.

"Try to remove it and I'll kiss you." He leaned to Arylle.

She didn't listened and tried to remove his arms from her shoulders.

"So you want me to kiss you." Drake said with his authoritative voice. His lips landed on Arylle before she knew it. Binitawan niya ang dalaga sabay ngiti at kindat dito.

"Bastos!" Hinabol niya si Drake palabas dahil sa ginawa nito. Sanay na ang lahat sa pagiging aso at pusa ng dalawa.

"So bastos ka din? Remember? You are the first one who kiss me. Quits na tayo Arylle. Don't threatened me with a fist fight. Pumapatol ako sa babae, one more step...hindi lang kiss ang gagawin ko sayo." Babala ni Drake sa kanya sabay tingin kay Arylle mula ulo hanggang paa.

"Akala mo, matatak-"

"Stop arguing with him. Mas halata lang na may gusto ka sa kanya." Pigil ni Madelaine sa kanya. Palabas na sana si Arylle para sundan si Drake.

"Ako? May gusto sa Drake na yun? Excuse me lang noh! Hindi kami talo. Baka ma-stroke pa ako kapag siya ang naging jowa ko."

Nasa kalagitnaan ng diskusyon si Arylle at Madelaine nang biglang sumingit si Gian.

"Chill Arylle, tara...ice coffee tayo. Libre ko. Tara..." Yaya ng binata pero ang mga mata ay tagong nakabaling kay Madelaine.

"Tara, kape tayo Madelaine. Si Dok G naman eh! Hilig mong mag-segue. Sa gwapo mong yan, don't tell me...uso ang pagiging torpe sayo?"